Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blank VIN Plates Found
Posted this on the eurotec site so thought I'd let you guys know about it as well.

It's funny how people who had contact with DMC in the 80's come out of the woodwork when you attend shows. This happened the other weekend while I was raising money for Parkinsons outside the Phoenix Art Centre in Leicester. It was an 80's gaming and theme event called RetroActive, and as part of the day they were showing a number of 80's films on their various screens, starting with Back to the Future. It was great to see the film again on the big screen, especially the moment when the DeLorean appears for the first time - magical! Anyway, during the fundraising afterwards (donate min £2 to sit in the car etc) a guy came up to me and said "I've got a few blank VIN plates for these". Shock

Seems during the 80's he worked for Renault here in the UK and for some reason a box of blank VIN plates turned up out of the blue. Instead of being sent back on onto DMC everyone nicked a few each and said nothing more. Now years later he he is, having never seen a real DeLorean in the flesh, looking at one on my car. Anyway, he took down my details and said he's see if he could find them and maybe pass a couple on to me (as a fan of the car). True to his word he did, and here it is!

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

http://www.delorean-dream.blogspot.co.uk
Thats pretty cool, Dave H has a couple I believe... Pretty rare though as most were used to ReVIN the 1983 Cars. DMC Houston has the ones left over.
DOC 116
VIN 6237