Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adjusting door position and hinges.
Hi all. I'm preparing for some jobs over the autumn (like cleaning out my VOD, which I'm sure I'll be posting more questions about, not to mention sorting out my bent door strut fixing points). One of the things on the car that Id like to sort out is my drivers door position in relation to the body. The passenger door closes amazingly well, but the drivers door has always been a problem. It seems like the door sits on the body/tub a few mill to far back towards the rear of the car. This means that the striker pin at the front needs two, rather than one big washer, but more importantly the lock mechanism comes far too close to the body around the striker pins at the rear. This means that one of the screws that fix the lock to the door catches and scrapes the fibreglass and knocks off any rubber cover I put over the striker pin. It also shows with a large gap between the wing and the door at the front, and a very tight panel gap at the rear of the door between the door and the quarter panel.

Now, I know that talking to others the hinges for the doors are only held in by some bolts, and if these are loosened the whole door can be moved forward and back for adjustment. Question is, do you have to remove the torsion bar to do this? Looking at the position of the bolts it would seem I'm going to have to, but if there is a way round it I'd love to hear it. Anything to avoid removing the torsion bar! Also, do all the bolts need to be loosened? There seems to be two going into the roof section below the T-panel, and two going into the roof section directly below the hinge.

Any ideas people? :?
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

http://www.delorean-dream.blogspot.co.uk