Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay tip
When searching for DeLorean related stuff on eBay try searching for the following:

DeLorean

De Lorean

Delorian

De Lorian

DMC12

DMC 12

DMC

Remember - people make spelling mistakes all the tim!
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389
Reg of first D experience - HEC 6T
I think most of us do anyway to cover all bases. If I'm after a particular bit, and I know what other car it was used on, I'll often look there too.

I found Rapey on ebay due to a spelling error - she was advertised as "Classic Sunbeam Raper" - I was acutally looking for a Consul Classic at the time, which is how I stumbled across the auction. Due to 'badge engineering', Sunbeam, who were part of Rootes Group, shared alot of components with other manufacturers who were part of Rootes. Therefore, when I'm hunting for stuff on ebay, I also look at Hillman/Singer/Humber listings too.

Also, when I'm on the search for Vauxhall bits, I put in various spellings of Vauxhall and Cavalier, plus also look under Opel Vectra too, as the Mk3 Cavalier was the Vectra 'A' on the continent.

I'm always mindful though that the person listing stuff on ebay may suffer from dyslexia, so always make allowances for incorrect spellings. I had a friend at school who was mercilesly bullied and called thick because they couldnt spell as well as the rest of the class, years later dyslexia was diagnosed.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
http://fatfingers.com/

Enjoye !

NickT.
I wonder who that website refers to?

Fat Fingers!?
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389