Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Membership renewal
I received my membership renewal pack through the door yesterday. Half torn open.

For anyone who is still to receive their pack, this year, we get a free "DOC" ice scraper (I guess most people will use these for out every day cars rather than our D's.) The point is, it obviously drew in enough interest from someone along the postal service route to my house, to warrant them tearing it open to see what was worth nicking. They obviously don't drive a car though, so I guess a windscreen ice scraper was of no use to them. Dirty swindling, chancing ever opportunity they get, bar stewards. This is not the first time this has happened to me. Anyone else have an issue with their mail being ripped open by opportunistic "Royal" mail thieves?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
If any thing was missing/damaged let me know and I will re-send it. Funny enough, I'm helping my mum out dealing with a missing cheque at the moment, sent to her in Feb (£76.00) a 1/2 yearly payment from some shares, and she had just realised it had not arrived. So we rang them up to find that it was sent and has been cashed. They are in the process of finding out where/when/who's account etc at the moment. What gets me is that it was a crossed A/C Payee only cheque so something must have gone wrong somewhere! None the less be interesting to see where it was cashed.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I don't think anything got stolen in the end....? Maybe you can tell me? I got the ice scraper, and a "Where we're going..." car window sticker.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Yep, should have been scraper/paprtwork,sticker and memb card.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I don't think many DMC owners will be using the ice scraper on their DeLoreans this winter, perhaps a better idea and more useful would be a windscreen sun blind ( not with Wallace & Gromit on it ) to keep the temperature down in our parked cars at shows etc., just a thought! :lol:
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!