Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URR 61 X DeLorean
I went to a local car meet last night, good turnout despite the rain,and was talking to a Ferrari Testarossa owner who is a local car dealer ( he does a lot of exports), and as we talked about my DMC he told me he had one a few years ago, a flat bonnet, grey interior model reg was URR 61 X, bought from North Wales,it was last taxed in 1998 and looked to be in superb condition looking at the photos on his phone.
I had been told by some bloke at a car show in Wales a good few years ago that he knew of a DMC stored in a garage that was rarely used, but he never got back to me so I could follow it up, it appears this was the car.
Was it anyone's from the club? He said the car was due to be exported. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Not heard of this one but my car, 10719, starts URR. This was registered this year after importing it in December. I was told that the URR was the code used for Nottingham DVLA registration. Not sure if this has any bearing on this car......
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

http://www.delorean-dream.blogspot.co.uk
Andy Westerman's old car, which Patrick Kielty bought had a URR registration, I think that was
URR661X or URR616X (would have been registered in Nottingham as Andy lives in the Derby area
and Nottingham is our nearest DVLA local office - until it closes this December Sad )
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I usually keep track of Deloreans in Wales as they are pretty rare over here.... URR 661X is VIN 10685 and used to live near Abergele in North Wales to another Stuart, I remember seeing this car on ebay a few years ago (through a dealer) maybe it has been exported to Ireland, but it seems to have gone off the radar so to speak.
DOC 116
VIN 6237
The dealer did say he exported it but didn't say where, got the reg wrong slightly as it was heavy drizzle and rain was on the phone screen. This guy exports Ferrari, Bentley and other exotic makes but he really liked the DMC 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!