Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK Summer Event, 20-22 June 2014
Dear All,

After the success of our recent trip to North Yorkshire, at the request of those who want the event
to travel round the country, and head a bit further south, the 2014 event will be based around the
seaside resort of Swanage in Dorset.

I have arranged for us to stay at the Purbeck House Hotel (http://www.purbeckhousehotel.co.uk/default.asp)
who have a mix of 38 bedrooms (including 6 family rooms and 5 single rooms) spread across the original
Victorian building and the new Louisa Lodge on site.

Rates are as follows:

Dinner, bed and breakfast per person per night: £82.00 (B&B £64, 3 course meal from a la carte menu £18.00).

I am just waiting for confirmation on prices for children for those of us with youngsters in tow.

The hotel require a £30 deposit per person to secure your booking, and these rates are current and will be held
once deposit paid. The hotel will secure a mix of 30 rooms for us, with any unsold rooms being offered for sale
to 'joe public' a month before our arrival - they have requested that if they get an enquiry for a large number of
rooms before then, they will contact me to see how many rooms we will need.

I will work on an itinerary for the event over the next few weeks, with full details being published in DeLorean News
and on here/Club Facebook page in due course.

Please contact Lynne or Sarah at the hotel to make your booking, and say you are with the DeLorean Owners Club
to get the special rate.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Rates for children (under 2's go free)

£32 per night B&B, or £41 per night dinner, B&B

They are reserving 27 rooms for us (although they have 38 available in total):

5 single rooms
4 family rooms (6 available if more required)
18 double/twin rooms

They also have superior rooms if anyone wants them, but they are a £20 per night supplement per room.

They have advised, that the easiest way into their car park (avoiding a narrow driveway) is via Manor Road,
so put Manor Road, Swanage in your sat nav when you set off.

Please contact them to pay your deposit and confirm your booking asap to ensure that you get a room of your
choice and also that the room is secured at 2013 rates.
Any idea of dates, Claire? Smile
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
trainmad Wrote:Any idea of dates, Claire? Smile

ah yes, might help!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Friday 20 June 2014 to Sunday 22 June 2014 (ie staying Fri/Sat nights, check out on Sunday).
I'm talking to Corfe Castle (National Trust) about us going for the day on the Sunday,
however they say that their events calender means that it is unlikely that we would
be able to park in the Castle grounds, which would mean us all parking in the public
car park at the other end of the village - now the last time I went there (nearly 20yrs
ago), this was little more then a field, and I'm not really happy about the idea of us
parking a large number of De's there and running the risk of us getting bogged down if
we're unlucky enough to have rain.

I'm asking the curator of the Castle about other parking options, or if the public car park
in Corfe has improved at all, before looking at an alternative venue for the Sunday.

Will keep you all posted,
I've emailed this place as a possible alternative if Corfe Castle doesn't work out
due to parking:

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/kingsto ... 6320006740

Looks like an interesting place to go around, with nice grounds, play areas for children,
tea rooms, etc, and location wise its on the road to Blandford Forum, which is convenient
for us then heading off in various directions home afterwards.

I've enquired about parking at the house itself, and a deal on a group entry, so will report
back when I've head back from this place as well as Corfe Castle - FWIW, for anyone
spending the Friday in Swanage, the Swanage to Wareham steam railway has a station at
Corfe, so if it doesnt work out that we can have a group visit there, anyone wishing to do
so can always stop off there whilst having a ride on the railway on the Friday.
Beaulieu?
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Quote:Beaulieu?

I was going to say that - but couldn't spell it :lol:
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
"DOC make a week of it and go to Glastonbury?"

(It's the following weekend...)
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I did wonder about Beaulieu, its not far from Southampton and might be an option
for the Sunday, although it is quite a drive from Swanage to Beaulieu - or maybe
it could be an option for people to visit on the way down to Swanage on the Friday?

I've been checking out the car parks in Corfe, both of them (council and National Trust)
are quite a walk from the castle itself, whereas at Kingston Lacy there is a good chance
we can park right by the house itself, as they have entertained car clubs in the past.

Plenty to think about anyway - and loving the Glastonbury idea Rich !! lol
Booked my room today! Looking forward to it (even if there is half a year to go!) Big Grin
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
ok peeps, if you havent booked this yet, you are cutting it fine, as the hotel are asking to
release some of our unbooked rooms, as they are a very popular hotel in a popular holiday
resort, and they are getting lots of enquiries that clash with our weekend.

If you havent booked yet, you need to ASAP !!!!

Its only £30 deposit per person up front, so please, if you want to go, book it this week if you
can, as I'd hate for people to leave it to the last minute (as usual) and then not be able to get
a room at the hotel.

You have been warned!!
Just booked my room, they only take £30 deposit per night….So £60 on your credit card….not too bad.

It looks like being a cracking venue. Still some rooms left at the moment. They will start releasing them to Joe public soon. So don't mis out.

Look forward to catching up with you again. We will be having a guest speaker joining us, to add to our enjoyment.

We may have a "prototype" of the book by then, if so, we'll bring it along and start taking orders for delivery later in the year.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
great news Chris, look forward to seeing you and the book there Smile
Great news for our next Club meet in Dorset …..I have arranged our special guest speaker, Martin Mail, an engineer who was responsible for all the latest updates to be introduced in 1983. Many of them never happened of course. Martin used to drive the burgundy interior firms car. The colour combo's were also part of Martins brief. He has samples of some of the "upgraded" parts….of what might have been. Side Stripes, Mirrored sun visors, high opening doors etc.

He's a smashing chap and a great speaker…..come along to our Saturday dinner and enjoy.

Oh yes, Andrew and I will also have a draft of your book for you to check out……all 400 full colour pages of it!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian