Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life on the Driveway
lol...you are all barkin mad...lol...seems I fit in well Smile

I think I would be inclined to go with the CCTV option on the driveway...Ideally I would go with a garage but would be well out of sight if I got one, which is even more worrying me thinks. Only trouble would still be the increased speed of deterioration...life is never simple is it?

Never mind...guess I will keep contemplating Smile

Thanks for the suggestions all
williamsc47 Wrote:lol...you are all barkin mad...lol...seems I fit in well Smilel

...You have to be to want to own one of these cars! :wink:
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Rissy Wrote:...You have to be to want to own one of these cars! :wink:

Surely not, it can't be that bad can it? Smile
williamsc47 Wrote:
Rissy Wrote:...You have to be to want to own one of these cars! :wink:

Surely not, it can't be that bad can it? Smile

*puts pants on head, sticks pencils up nose and says "wibble"*
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Guinney1971 Wrote:*puts pants on head, sticks pencils up nose and says "wibble"*

Say no more Edmund Smile
williamsc47 Wrote:
Guinney1971 Wrote:*puts pants on head, sticks pencils up nose and says "wibble"*

Say no more Edmund Smile

"boom boom boom!! BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!" :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Im in Ireland and have an 83 since 2013. Here are my thoughts on outside storage...

I had mine kept on my driveway for two years. Paid a lot of money for a fitted cover which now lets rain in. Ive gone through two covers which i have found not to be at all waterproof.
After some heavy rain last year took the cover off to find MOULD on the steering wheel and soaked headliners Sad

I retrimmed the material after some research on the net and also found the famous gap at top middle of windscreen. Got this resealed at local garage.

Nowadays i keep the car in a lockup shed nearby where i can come and go. Some difference if you can manage it. A dry car is a clean car imo.

My D is currently on my driveway for the summer and is currently being rained on heavily. But it seems dry inside at the moment.

As regards attention i found the dull rainbashed cover kept people away. You do get kids knocking at the door asking to be taken back to the future but it seems good natured.

However i did one day wake up to find a broken egg on the cover! Imagine that...pure begrudgery...
David Hamblyn
Vin# 16339