Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Cars May edition.
Anyone see the Brightwells' auction price for a 'genuinely nice' 11,500 miler DeLorean on page 22 of Classic Cars. It reached £29K. Seems a little high to me - or is that where we are now?

Anyone know of this car? Was there anything special about it that helped bump the price up to this level? If ever I have to sell mine I shall track this auctioneer down, LOL Big Grin - worth his wait in gold.

Steve
Stephen Partt
Bristol
Hi Steve... if its the most recent brightwells auction then I can verify the starting price was £23,500 so if thats anything to go by then its probably right.

I have a good friend who was at the auction who told me the exterior was up together but with the X in the hood.... getting a more common thing these days but my X has never bothered me.

'The interior however wasnt as "sharp" as it could be...' That was the words of my friend and he was comparing it to my car... I did however point out to him that my car is a late car with the lighter grey as opposed to the earlier cars and the lighter grey can be more forgiving.

So in sumnary I think yes, prices are still on the rise!

Ben
Mmm, auctions though are a fickle thing. I think it last year one was sold at the Duxford sale for (I think 27k) only 300 miles on the clock, promptly started being offered for sale around the 40k mark but never sold as far as I know.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks guys

Useful info their chaps. As I suspected sounds like a couple of bods got a bit carried away with this one then (the adrenalin of auctions I guess). Although the starting price was pretty close in the first place in my opinion.

40K for a left hooker (even with just 300 miles)! Not surprised it didn't sell.

Cheers
Steve
Stephen Partt
Bristol
discussion about the car here after I saw it in Classic Car Weekly:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie