Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAKNTIM For Sale.
Hi Everyone

I've really enjoyed owning the car so far. Having originally been a passenger in a couple of Deloreans 30 years ago (in that my father worked for Delorean and occasionally brought them home at weekends so, as a 5 year old lad I had to lie on the parcel shelf while my parents sat in the front) I am almost embarrassingly excited to now own one and drive it myself. I've even insured my father on the car as an early father's day present.

I have to say I felt dreadful taking the car away from Paul though. Really hope you get another one soon mate. It seems that the Delorean owning community is very strong and helpful so I'm sure you'll be back behind the wheel soon.

Look forward to meeting my fellow Delorean owners in due course

Richard M.
Richard M.
Edenbridge, Kent
VIN 981
Hi Richard, congratulations. Where abouts in the UK are you? What did your dad do at the factory?

sent me a private emil if you prefer.

chris@parnham.net
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hi Chris

My father, Anthony Mayo, was in the purchasing dept. He worked directly for Nick Sutton and is mentioned in Nick Sutton's book in the acknowledgements section on p251. He occasionally used to bring the cars home at weekends and I have vivid memories of sitting/lying on the parcel shelf while my parents and/or grandparents sat in the front (I would have been 4 or 5 at the time). I bought Nick's book as a birthday present for my father earlier this year (I hadn't realised that he worked for Nick so it was a complete fluke) and they have been in contact since then so I can't help feeling a touch proud to have reunited them after 30+ years.

I live in Edenbridge in Kent. I'm told there are Deloreans in Wadhurst and Godstone both of which are fairly near to me although I've never seen them on the road.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in due course

Richard M.
Richard M.
Edenbridge, Kent
VIN 981
Thanks for that Richard.

Today has been a " book research meeting" at my house. Along with Andy Withers, was Barrie Wills former Director of purchasing ( page 33) and Roger Jarman who worked for Nick Sutton and probably with your dad. Roger bought a shed load of documents and photographs for us to use......absolute gold dust to us.

When the Coventry office closed, Roger personally took 3 boot loads of documents to the local skip! Can you imagine how useful ( and valuable) they would be today! Has your dad any photo's we could use?

Regards
Chris
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
My father also worked for Barrie Wills as he was responsible for buying parts for the factory as opposed to buying parts for the car. I spoke to him earlier on today and he thinks he has some pics somewhere and will have a look for them but suspects they are all fairly mundane pics of him next to one of the cars etc as opposed to useful pics of the factory.

I'd be very interested to know how you're getting on with the book though. I'm very interested in the history of the car and company so will look forward to reading your book in due course.
Richard M.
Edenbridge, Kent
VIN 981
its great that such a well known Club Car has found a new home with a person
with family ties to the factory.

Glad Roger is helping out with the book Chris, Malc Lomas showed us a load of the
stuff that Roger had from his factory days a couple of years ago (Malc lives near
Roger in Staffordshire).

I'm just waiting to hear back from Nick Sutton if his work schedule will allow him to
attend our Club event in Yorkshire later this month.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Richard,

there is no such thing as a "mundane DeLorean picture"! I have literally thousands of official photo's taken at the factory,.( my current job is to boil them down to manageable numbers) but few "Casual one's" ....your Dads sound very interesting, please encourage him to look them out.

( Chris W / Rich...is it possible to extract or copy my "new book " related threads from my various post and put them all together? )

My poor computer skills are so limiting!!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:( Chris W / Rich...is it possible to extract or copy my "new book " related threads from my various post and put them all together? )
I'm not sure it is, Rich?? You may have to copy & paste everything into one new posting under your new book thread.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Claire,

you are talking to someone who has not yet mastered attaching a picture to my forum postings! Let alone "cutting and pasting". .....I can do that to wallpaper!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:Hi Claire
Told you before :evil: I'm only Claire at weekends :lol:

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Sorry Claire......ups... Chris.....I loose track of what day it is now that I'm retired.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian