Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carfest 2013
Dates for Carfest 2013 are:

North

2nd-4th August
Oulton Park

Please let me know if your interested and I can arrange a Delorean Stand Big Grin

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Early days yet, but can you let me know if you plan to attend both days and camp or stay in a local B&B. This year as far as I'm aware all members can arrive Friday and stay through until Monday (which is what I did last year as event organiser, which takes a lot of stress out of it and makes the most of the Sunday evening concert) Big Grin
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Hopefully be both days for me. You lot camping or is there a local hotel?
http://www.deloreanhire.com
http://www.fusiontimetravel.co.uk

Ex 1981 DMC Delorean Time Machine owner.
Hi Darren, count me and Ol' Stainless in - will try and attend both days this year, work dependent.
It was superb last year, even the weather was decent for once!
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Carfest North Bands

FRIDAY 2ND
The School Disco will be topped off by Bjorn Again - bring your dancing shoes!

SATURDAY 3RD
Ocean Colour Scene - Classic Britpop, with memories of TFI!
The Feeling - great to have them up North in 2013!
Deacon Blue - "Soulful Scottish pop"
Noasis - "The UK's No.1 Oasis Tribute band"
Rockaoke - your chance to join in, see last years highlights here

SUNDAY 4TH
Alfie Boe - "The nation's favourite tenor"
Reef - "West Country rockers!"
The Black Dogz - "The UKs official No.1 tribute to Led Zeppelin"
Renee & Sinatro - "Swing singers from the Brat Pack era"
ONE MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED

I have been speaking to the event organisers this morning and can confirm the following:
The events are 3 days this year.
There is a £450 fee for a Club stand (that’s approx £65 per car/couple for the whole 3 days) Dontions to BBC Children in Need included.
Each club will be allocated seven car spaces for a club stand (that’s 7 cars per day)
A total of 14 exhibitors passes (two passes per car) which allow each entry on each of the three days of CarFest
Club member camping pitches can be bought for £25 per night in the Crew Camping area (this was £120 last year so it’s a good result) Big Grin
VIN 4532

DOC-574
must admit, I've been listening to Chris Evans talking about this event on his R2
show, and this morning he was talking about the planes doing the flypasts and to
the Spitfire pilot.

Anyone who goes will get an amazing event, thats for sure.

Sadly, we wont be able to attend this year, but have a great time everyone who does go.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi,

Time for a Carfest Booking Update….

Our Club pitches are confirmed at both North & South, and I will need to pay for them soon.
So; we need 7 cars each day (doesn’t have to be the same 7 if you just want to attend 1 day)

Confirmed so far are:

North

Me
Julian
Malc
Luke
Brian
Rich H
Phil E

Can those above please indicate the dates/days they plan to arrive & depart, number of persons and whether camping is required and for what nights. (support vehicles are allowed to aid camping/setting up, but will then need to be moved to a separate car park for the duration) As far as I’m aware at the moment we can arrive from noon Friday and depart Monday evening.

Once I have all your requirements I can let you individually know the cost.

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
So that's 7 cars then for CarFest North - does that mean that's fully booked?
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Only if they all want to do both days, Rich. (which is looking likely) Once everyone has confirmed I'll know for sure.

I plan on a reserve list if that the case. Also there's plenty of room on the South one :wink:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Carfest Update

I have been sent the invoice/forms today for Carfest.

I need to get them back ASAP, to ensure we have a good pitch position with ample camping space.

Can you please PM me the following details

YOUR REGISTRATION NUMBER

NIGHTS YOU WISH TO CAMP (dates please)

The entry fee is £65 for the WHOLE weekend (for 2 persons) & £25 PER NIGHT to camp.
If you can only make 1 day then it’s £40 (for 2 persons)

To date we have the following; can you please fill in the ????? Thanks.

Carfest North

Me All weekend, camping Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun nights.
Julian & Lisa Hunt Reg GU1181 All weekend. Camping which nights?
Malc & Gay Reg DEL?? Camping which nights?
Luke Bttf & Guest Reg? Saturday only, camping?
Rich Hanlon & Guest. Reg? Sunday only, camping?
Brian BJBrownie & Mrs B, Reg? All weekend, camping which nights?
Rich H & Guest. Reg? All weekend, camping which nights?
Phil E & Guest. Reg? All weekend, camping which nights?

Carfest South

Me All weekend, camping Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun nights.
Rich J & Guest. Reg? All weekend, camping which nights?
Tony Lawther & Guest. Reg? All weekend, camping which nights?
Will Blowstone & Guest. Reg? Saturday, camping?

3 More spaces require filling!

Cheers. Big Grin
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Carfest North is rapidly approaching (I can't believe how the time flies these days)

I have been in touch with the organisers and the car passes should be sent out to me this week.

Can all of you who have booked, pm or email me your current addresses so that I can send out your window sticker/passes.

Carfest North

Julian & Lisa
Malc & Gay
Luke Bttf
Rich Hanlon
Brian BJBrownie - Brian pm me asap if you still want to attend.
Rich H

It's going to be a brilliant do! Big Grin

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Great stuff, thanks Darren, address via PM...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Passes arrived yesterday late morning for Carfest North.

I've posted them all out to you with photocopied event information, so you should see them Tuesday/Wednesday. Please let me know ASAP if you have any issues.

Ju, Lisa, extra pass included for "support vehicle"
Malc, Gay, extra pass included for Connect van
Luke, extra pass included if required for a transporter, with parking valid up to 7.5 tonne on site, over 7.5 tonne need to park in nominated area off site.

STOP PRESS.........

I have a spare person pass for all weekend (was £50 + VAT, but just £50 now with public car parking pass) so please pm me ASAP if you want to bring a friend, son, daughter, wife, girlfriend or mistress :wink:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Hi Darren, really looking forward to this!

I'm planning to be there on the Sunday as you state, and hopefully stay over Sunday night. The Mrs is going to come up for the day on Sunday with Littlun' and head back Sunday early evening.

We briefly discussed ages ago whether or not there was a possibility of arriving late on Saturday and stopping over Sat PM too. Is there any way you could see that being do-able?
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Pm sent Rich.

Everyone should have their passes and pack/site rules by tomorrow, I know some have arrived today. Let me know asap if you havent got them by noon tomorrow (Wednesday) so I have time to sort it before I leave on Thursday to set up the stand.

Cheers
Darren
VIN 4532

DOC-574