Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from Yorkshire
Hi

I joined the club recently and just thought I would say hello.

Unfortunately I havent got a delorean at present but I am on the look out. I do love the thought of a time machine but i think this would be out of my price range.

Just out of interest, does any one know how many time machines are in the club?

Mike
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
Too many!

Only joking, well maybe, welcome to the club. I'd recommend you do some reading through all the BTTF/Time Machine related posts as there are a great many things to consider before going down that route.

From my own experience there doesn't need to be a pile of Army surplus super glued to the cars. People will flock round it and go down the 'Isn't that the BTTF car' route just the same with a 'original' car. The added advantage is that I don't feel quite so much of a berk when I take her down to the shops 8)

Best of luck with your search.
VIN 17152 - The Manx 'D'
Where abouts in Yorkshire are you, there are two BTTF cars up there one to club member Luke. viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4375 BUT your looking at a huge chunk of money to get a decent BTTF replica, But to answer your question there's (I think) at least 5 good replicas in the UK now 3 'down south' and two 'up north' plus a few others IIRC.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Mike,

welcome to the DOC-UK Smile

I agree with Simon, any DeLorean, even painted ones, will draw the crowds at shows/supermarket carpark/petrol station.

There's plenty of us in the Yorkshire/East Midlands Area, so if you fancy joining one of our many meet ups to talk cars
and look at our De's, feel free to come along. Smile

PS - dont forget our 2013 National Event is in North Yorkshire in June - and you dont need to own a De to come along and
join in the fun Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thanks for the comments. Having spent some time going through this forum I have decided to opt against a time machine and go for a standard. I am now looking at importing unless of course any one knows a car in the UK for about £15-16k?
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
Non for sale at the moment, but they do come up from time to time. There's about 5 on the way back from the US at the moment so I'm sure you will be able to get some good advice on importing from those who have/doing it.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584