Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The search is over - VIN 4494 is now MINE!
I've been quiet on this out of fear of jinxing it, but since she's all paid for and awaiting to clear US Customs and be put on the boat I can't contain the excitement anymore!

Earlier this month I purchased VIN 4494 from a chap on the DMCTalk boards. She's a 1981 Manual Transmission, grooved hood, dealer sidestripe (unsure if original) with a grey interior and in good running condition with a few niggles to work out! Ticks all the boxes for what I wanted along with a few extras (Wings-a-loft amongst others) and was within my price range!

[Image: ready-for-car-show-front.jpg]
[Image: ready-for-car-show-rear.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1037.jpg]

Not bad considering it's been almost exactly a year since I decided I was going to purchase one of my own. Should be here by the end of January, then I can get her UK Legal and ready for a summer of driving Big Grin
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
that is a really smart looking car you've got there!!

Congrats on the purchase, a nice Xmas pressy for you Big Grin

There's plenty of meets in the Midlands, probably the nearest one to
you is the annual Fathers Day car show at Warwick Castle (free too Wink )
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Car looks really nice, there are so many cars coming back at the moment lots and lots of great christmas presents for everyone!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Well done mate, looks great! The "wings aloft" sounds great. Really nice feature. How's the interior looking? The outside looks fantastic!
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

http://www.delorean-dream.blogspot.co.uk
Thanks folks Big Grin I'm excited for both getting the car and being able to turn up at one of the meets Big Grin I missed the Warwick Castle event last year, but I intend to turn up in my own car this year ;D

[Image: IMG_1034.jpg]
As you can see, the interior looks just as good as the outside Smile And my patience paid off, finally being able to find a Grey Interior like I desired!

Suppose I have to start thinking about headlights, rear foglight and the such soon, but since it looks like I won't be getting my hands on her until the end of January I have some time... and access to your very useful blog, flux3d! It'll be very useful having you one step ahead of me, troubleshooting problems before I hit them :lol:
DOC 757
wow...well done shes a beautiful example.

congrats!
that interior is mint, those seats look lovely Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Okay, it's been a long time since I've updated but... car is here and passed it's MOT today! Insurance and Registration/Tax lined up next, and then it's time to hit the road (weather permitting!)

I can honestly say I've never been so excited about something in my entire life!
DOC 757
Congrat's! Any more pictures of it?

What did you do for rear fog lights, wire up a temp one, or have you gone with a permanent solution? Hella's or Valeo's for the front lights?
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
I have a couple of pictures, but won't post more until I have some nice weather to capture the full glory Big Grin She's with Chris N to get a few bits and pieces done that are outside my current skill level. Though he seems fairly impressed with the car, so I'm eager to get my chance to put her through her paces!

Fog lights were a bolt on as I don't intend to drive her when it's foggy, though I'll consider doing a proper modification next winter. Headlights I decided to go for Valeo outers and leave the original inners (for now).
DOC 757
Oh, and whilst I remember. For those interested, one of the previous owners documented some of the work they conducted on the car;

http://home.comcast.net/~bk-pollard/DeLorean.htm

Part of the reason I was so taken by the car when it became available!
DOC 757
hi,

i've got a question regarding shipping from the US and as a few people on this thread have gone through the process i figured this is as good a place to ask as any,

transportation from the sellers location to the port, is that something that is nominally handled by the shipping agent?
or do you usually have to arrange it separately? (i guess it could vary from agent to agent, but generally speaking is that the case?)

im just starting my delorean hunt and am still hoping to get one this side of the pond but reading posts like this and flux3ds blog, importing is something to consider as doesn't sound quite as terrifying a prospect as it did before!
Simon Wood
DOC 748
VIN #11766
It's actually very easy. i think pretty much everyone uses the services of TransGlobal www.tgal.us . Although based in Dallas, it's run by an Englishman called Tony Lester. Personally I get them to arrange everything up to and including UK port fee and customs clearance. Then you just turn up at the docks with ID, a wodge of cash (tax bill and port fees) and a trailer.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
I was in the very fortunate position that the owner I purchased from in the States lived less than 20 minutes from the depot the car needed to be transported to, so he delivered it himself as part of the purchase (and even snapped some pictures for me to show the condition before shipping).
DOC 757
thanks very much for the info.

I seen a few people on other forums mention trans global.
just wasn't sure how 'all inclusive' the service was, but that sounds spot on.

i'll definitely keep them in mind.
Simon Wood
DOC 748
VIN #11766