Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bye bye GLi..... :(
well.......the poor old scrap Cav is no more...the automotive version of the grim reaper came along yesterday and took her away (free of charge though!!)
On a more serious note though, if anyone in the Derbyshire area does need a scrap car or van collecting, this guy comes out and picks cars up free of charge (he's based near Buxton, which is about 20 miles from here). Call PK Heathcote Ltd, on 01298 24219 or 07768 568757. He's a registered vehicle carrier and also sorts the V5 out properly too.

[Image: scrap1.jpg]

[Image: byescrap.jpg]

Poor old thing, may she 'rust in pieces'.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
the GLi was an organ donar so that other Cavaliers could live on (others may still beneift from her panels). Smile

On a different note you could have flogged those alloys on eBay for a few extra quid Shock
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
ah bless they really do become one of the family Sad
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
haha, well not so much camera shake as low light and a rather rapid Land Rover lol :lol: (it was nearly 5pm when he left).

The panels on the car were no good (dented, rusty and bodged previous repairs), and the block was worn on the engine.

The alloys were some knackered old ones off one of Phill's Sera's. We've kept the 14" steel wheels off the Cav as they are a perfect fit on DeLoreans when the alloys are away for refurbing Big Grin

Cheers,
Awww... The end of an era Claire.... I know exactly how you feel, I had several Montego's leave my company the same way!!!! And yes, they do become part of the furniture, even though they sometimes create more heartache than what they are worth.......

Long live "The Scrapper"

God Bless
Mr P
well not to hijack the thread or anything but i just said goodbye to the old brick. aka volvo, finally sold
DOC 527
Vin #10264
well done Mike!! That looked a solid old car when you came over in it that day. Glad its gone to a good home, it looked like it had many years of good service left in it Smile

I hereby raise my glass to all old cars, alive or dead! Big Grin