Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean required, Titanic Building Belfast 26th April 2013
Good morning,

I wonder if you could help with a bit of an odd request? I'm hoping to find a DeLorean owner who would be willing to show off their car for a day.

I'm a member of the team working on our annual conference for 2013 - the theme is 'Back to the Future' and is all about the future of coaching, its applications and benefits to individuals and organisations.

We have secured the wonderful Titanic Building in Belfast, N Ireland and expect 250 delegates on the 2 day event. As DeLorean were manufactured in NI, it would be a sign of our history, as well as a brilliant reference to the conference theme. (Hoping for the DMC 12 with gull-wing doors if possible).

I'm sure this would generate interest in itself on the day from our international visitors and the date we have booked is 26th April 2013.

As a non-profit we do't have a great deal of financial resource but may be able to give a small contribution towards costs.

If you have any members who may be interested, or suggestions as to how I could proceed I'd be extremely grateful

with warm regards

Sonja

Sonja Rooke

Head of Marketing & Social Media
Association for Coaching - Ireland
mob: +44 (0) 7964 862300
www.associationforcoaching.com

"promoting excellence & ethics in coaching"
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
probably one for Thomas McCauley if he's free that day Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I was interested until I seen 'As a non-profit we do't have a great deal of financial resource but may be able to give a small contribution towards costs'

Tongue
Vin #4087
lol, I'm sure even you can spare the fuel cost !! :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Its fuel, time (it starts on a work day), wear and tear etc.

I think Keith is doing it anyway.
Vin #4087
Guinney1971 Wrote:probably one for Thomas McCauley if he's free that day Smile

So you're not free that day, or any day Smile

Just because they are a non-profit, doesn't mean they can't compensate you. I doubt they are renting the Titanic Building for free.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
dmc4087 Wrote:Its fuel, time (it starts on a work day), wear and tear etc.

I think Keith is doing it anyway.

I have to agree with this to a certain degree. For it to actually cost us to display a very unique car that will attract them a lot of attention doesn't quite sit right with me. The least I think even non-profit places should do is cover your costs. The time taken to deliver the car, sit around all day, purchase overpriced food, take days off work etc. :|

I have even had event organisers approach me with a BTTF event where by the venue has been booked, along with catering etc which costs them quite a bit, and the star of the show has been requested for free. I'm all for assisting charities, especially locally but to cover costs for the day seems logical to me.
http://www.deloreanhire.com
http://www.fusiontimetravel.co.uk

Ex 1981 DMC Delorean Time Machine owner.
Quote:I have to agree with this to a certain degree. For it to actually cost us to display a very unique car that will attract them a lot of attention doesn't quite sit right with me. The least I think even non-profit places should do is cover your costs. The time taken to deliver the car, sit around all day, purchase overpriced food, take days off work etc.

I have even had event organisers approach me with a BTTF event where by the venue has been booked, along with catering etc which costs them quite a bit, and the star of the show has been requested for free. I'm all for assisting charities, especially locally but to cover costs for the day seems logical to me.
Dont think any one would argue with you on this we all have full time jobs as well and dont have un limited days we can take off!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584