Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean Ball Joint & Track Rod (Tie Rod) End supplier
http://www.amsteer.co.uk/

Amsteer Sales Steering Components
Unit 17 Ariane, Lichfield Rd.Ind.Est.
Tamworth, Staffs, B79 7XF
Tel: 01827 61000 Fax: 01827 61999

This is the company that can supply the better upgraded ball joints that are being sold at the moment. Although not listed at the moment on the website if you ring they will supply them direct. A great company to deal with run by a chap called Alan.

I also have had them make a set of track rod/Tie rod ends for the DeLorean (pictured below) These are an exact fit all as the original as can be seen in the picture below, another first for the DeLorean Owners Club (UK), often copied but never beaten.

Price PER SET of two ball joints is £55.00 inc VAT but plus Postage and Packing. For the track rod ends it is £27.00per pair inc P&P If you could mention DOC when ordering it would help them to know where the price was obtained from. Prices correct at date of forum posting

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I've just bought a pair of track rod ends and ball joints from Amsteer and am very pleased to recommend them to others. There were excellent to deal with. I ordered on the Tuesday morning and the parts were delivered to my front door the following day (by first class post). All in for a pair of each plus P&P and VAT came to £104 in total.
Richard M.
Edenbridge, Kent
VIN 981
do they do the upper ones as well?
Quote:do they do the upper ones as well?
I'm not sure as it's a part that is seldom replaced. However it's a good old fashioned engineering company that I'm sure will try to help you out. You may have to send them a sample though, that's what I did to get them to manufacture the track rod ends for me.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Cross reference to a Viva, if I remember correctly? Info is out there I think...

Anyone confirm?

A
just done a bit of looking and found:

Part numbers:
Vauxhall: 2690013
QH: QSJ218

Cross references to :
VAUXHALL VIVA HA, HB, HC, MAGNUM, FIRENZA
VAUXHALL VICTOR FD 1968-72
Bedford HA Van Range 1964 to 1980

will have a look, ones on my project car are shot to buggery
so whats the score with the delorean eurotec forum?

I posted the above post with some information google showed up on their forum, and i notice i have now been banned from their forum. Saying i take and give nothing.

Is it run by school children?

I really did not mean to cause any offence with cut and pasting the info, far from it just wanted some clarification as the previous post said.

If need be can the above post be deleted, i have tried but i cant see the option to do it manually

thanks
I'm not in a position to comment on the other forum, as I've never been allowed to join
it by the people who run it.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
the whole thing just seems weird, such a small community and i posted this and within i think 8 hours my account over there was banned. I mean send me a message, its not like all i do is cause trouble.

Not surprised that forum is so dead if this is how they treat people, telling me i contribute nothing, strange. Ah well it is their loss completely.
Quote:so whats the score with the delorean eurotec forum?
I posted the above post with some information google showed up on their forum, and i notice i have now been banned from their forum. Saying i take and give nothing.
Is it run by school children?
I really did not mean to cause any offence with cut and pasting the info, far from it just wanted some clarification as the previous post said.
If need be can the above post be deleted, i have tried but i cant see the option to do it manually
thanks
To be fair I dont think it should be deleted as it's helpful information that should be shared to the community. As is the point of any DeLorean Forum.
Likewise with Claire I'm afraid, I tried to offer an olive branch by x posting about the 'For The Love Of Cars Filming' but the passwords were changed to stop me getting back on to add to the topic, so the message was clearly given. I wouldn't worry about it (we dont) There are lots and lots of similar occurences. :roll:
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris Williams Wrote:Likewise with Claire I'm afraid, I tried to offer an olive branch by x posting about the 'For The Love Of Cars Filming' but the passwords were changed to stop me getting back on to add to the topic, so the message was clearly given. I wouldn't worry about it (we dont) There are lots of similar occurences. :roll:
Chris
To be fair Chris, when you PM'd me to tell me you could not login to Eurotec to make the follow up post, I tried logging in with your credentials and was able to log straight in. Not sure if you got the password case mixed up but it is all lower case.
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Havent tried for a long time Mike so it may have been altered again,so you may be right. Either way I dont think it's right to go into the rights and wrongs of things on a forum, we are always 'drawn over the coals' if we act in this manner, but it's ok for others to do it. Thats why I dont worry about it, if I did I would have even more grey hair than I have now! Big Grin
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Just an up-date on pricing for tie-rod.
Just phoned Amsteer. These are now £17 each plus VAT plus Postage. So now looking at circa £46 a set.
Which is a hell-a-ver rate of inflation over 2.5 years. :|
Makes DMC Euro, cheaper if ordering other bits as I was.
Just ordered 2 Bottom Ball Joints directly with Amsteer, £54 Delivered and Next day delivery
Excellent service & Excellent product.
DOC 116
VIN 6237