Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
out of curiosity........
so RichH and I were discussing our cars the other day, as both were projects imported
from the US, mine 10yrs ago, his 9yrs ago, and we got to wondering what they owe us.

Well I've just been through my folder of reciepts, invoices and notes, and done a spreadsheet
to add it all up.

Heres a rough breakdown:

Purchase price July 2002 £2872.46
Shipping £888.10
Import duties, VAT, etc £462.70

Total "on my drive" £4223.26

total spent on parts/labour/upgrades* £5519.14

Total that #2292 owes me to date* £9742.40

value now? £18K+ ???

However, I've got some big jobs still to go, including chassis refurb, finish the interior,
get the binnacle redone as its cracked again, get the wheels refurbed (again, as the
original job hasnt lasted), so I reckon, when its all finished, the car will end up owing me
nearer to £12k, as an estimate, so all in all, I'm really happy with that Smile

I am also eternally grateful for all the wonderful members of this Club, who have helped
me with parts, labour and advice over the last 10yrs, the car wouldnt be in the condition
it is today without you, including people like Phill Wright, Richard H and Martin
Gutkowski.

And no #2292 is not, nor will she ever be up for sale Wink

Claire

* this is the figures I have come up with based on invoices and receipts I have, and notes
of cash paid for jobs/parts - I'm bound to have forgotten something over the years! lol.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Guinney1971 Wrote:* this is the figures I have come up with based on invoices and receipts I have, and notes
of cash paid for jobs/parts - I'm bound to have forgotten something over the years! lol.

Nice dodge there.... What about half a dozen angle drives / fan belts / gas struts ;-)

Dont ever sell!
gas struts, angle drive's and belts all accounted for Wink
I'm sure I've lost out on mine so far.
I had a few early problems where I threw cash at the issues which eventually paid off, but cost way more than it should.
I paid £15,000 for 0981 from Gary Tidman in Bexhill-on-Sea. Off the top of my head without getting the receipts out, it's had
£3k spent on various bits. So it's cost me around £18k, probably a bit more.

But... I have receipts from the American owner (although not my cost, but interesting nonetheless) who's
total expenditure for bringing the car "up to date" was $34,000!!!!
Most of which were receipts from "DeLorean One".
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
I've got Delorean One receipts for my car from the early-mid 90's
running into thousands of dollars too (more then I paid for the car
put it that way!)

Scary stuff !!
Sounds like a good deal if you had lots of fun along the way! I wish I could have done it that way, but even if I could've scraped together the cash (unlikely) I didn't have anywhere to store or work on a car for most of 2000 - 2010.
lots of fun, lots of blood, sweat and a few tears along the way, but I'm proud of my
car and everyone in the DOC-UK who's helped get her where she is today.

I'm still friends with the guy I bought her off in America, and he regularly checks out
the photos of the car on Facebook, he cant believe the transformation and is so pleased
his car was saved and restored Smile