Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK Summer Event, June 2013
What a superb weekend, just got back late this evening as I visited my Mum for a few days whilst in Yorkshire. Huge thanks to Claire/Phil and Mike and Mary for spending so much time organising this great weekend. A superb location and superb countryside, with the exception of a couple of showers great weather as well. I understand we had 19 or 20 DeLoreans attend and there were about 45 people/club members at the meal/talk on Saturday evening. Everyone I spoke to thought the location was superb and indeed looking out over Robin Hood's Bay it was, especially as the sun was shining for most of the time. On the plus side (for me at least) my car has done a round trip of 550 miles without braking down, excluding an angle drive that was fine for 220 miles going forward, 2 meters of reversing promptly snapped it :roll: plus another otterstat (the second in three months) failing, thanks to Rich for the spare, at an average of 30.5 mpg so I'm happy with that. I do hope Chris M got home got home safe as well. I have put a few pics below
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Brilliant weekend, me and Liz had a great time, thanks to all who were involved in organising this!
Shame we had to leave on the Saturday night, as had to get back for sunday, got home at 2am! Driving back in constant rain! But it was worth it to stay for Barrie's talk. Looking forward to the new book too Big Grin 8)
great pics Chris, and glad your new car is doing so well - and 30mpg is not to be sniffed at!

Nice to see you and Liz again Phil, sorry didnt get much time to chat over the weekend, but I'm
looking forward to seeing your LC hitting the mean streets again soon Smile

Barrie's talk was very interesting, and I'm looking forward to the new book (which I think will be
officially launched at next years DOC Summer Event) with great interest Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Quote:Great pics Chris
BTW, cant get to those facebook pictures, do you need to be registered to see them?
Ta
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Great event and great to meet new people. Really enjoyed being part of the delorean community!!!! Thanks to the organisers Big Grin
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
Raehveni and I had a fantastic time over the weekend. Thanks again to everyone for having us there; it was certainly a dream come true for me to finally get to sit and ride in a Delorean after all these years! Mr Green

The link below will take you to some of the photos that I took over the weekend: 8)

http://s23.photobucket.com/user/datsun_ ... ent%202013

I guess all that's left for me to do now is to work harder and keep saving up so that I can also live the dream! Wink

cheers all,
Ganesh
My rides: Datsun Laurel, BMW 745i, Lexus IS200
Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:Great pics Chris
BTW, cant get to those facebook pictures, do you need to be registered to see them?
Ta
Chris

its set as a Public album, so you should be able to see them even if you're not on FB (I thought
you were Chris?)
Ganesh Wrote:Raehveni and I had a fantastic time over the weekend. Thanks again to everyone for having us there; it was certainly a dream come true for me to finally get to sit and ride in a Delorean after all these years! Mr Green

The link below will take you to some of the photos that I took over the weekend: 8)

http://s23.photobucket.com/user/datsun_ ... ent%202013

I guess all that's left for me to do now is to work harder and keep saving up so that I can also live the dream! Wink

cheers all,
Ganesh

glad you and Raehveni had a good time, sorry we missed you Sat morning by a few minutes, but
at least you got to have a ride in a De eventually Smile

And yes, we look forward to seeing you in Dorset next year with your own DeLorean Wink
Quote:its set as a Public album, so you should be able to see them even if you're not on FB (I thought
you were Chris?)
No, I cant get to them, I have deleted my F/Book account partly due to... well lets say issues! plus slanderous use of the picture on another forum that I have legal proceedings due to start soon against a couple of individuals.
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:its set as a Public album, so you should be able to see them even if you're not on FB (I thought
you were Chris?)
No, I cant get to them, I have deleted my F/Book account partly due to... well lets say issues! plus slanderous use of the picture on another forum that I have legal proceedings due to start soon against a couple of individuals.

oh heck, that doesnt sound good, hope it all works out ok.
Quote:oh heck, that doesnt sound good, hope it all works out ok.
Nothing that cant be sorted out :wink: cost's money but there you go, anyway back on topic I cant see the pictures, so I guess unless your registered you cant see them.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
weird, just checked settings for the album, and its deffo set to public, so anyone should
be able to see them whether they are on FB or not?

https://www.facebook.com/claire.usher.5 ... 492&type=3
Ahh, one more reason for me to dislike Facebook! All the best with the legal case, Chris.
Currently drive a 2007 Mini Clubman Cooper D; 88000 miles in 5yrs, 1 month...
This isn't the most glamorous of Event photos, but as some of you will be aware, on the Sunday morning, LEX wouldn't start.

It took 3 people, and an hour of time to diagnose the problem (mostly down to Richard Hutchison, but lets not forget John C's multimeter too.)

The problem was a wire going on to the Ignition Coil, i think from the ballast resistor bank.

The photo below shows said wire, or should I say condition of said wire, on the old coil, before I cleaned it all up and replaced the Ignition Coil for a nice new one.

The wire in question is completely smothered with black gunk on the left hand side of the coil in this picture. The picture was taken in September 2009.

Amazingly, when this photo was taken, the coil was still working, and had been used to get the car from Oxted to Edinburgh, and then continued to be used for several weeks after that in the early days of me being an owner! It was still working at the point where it was removed from the car! After the clean up and replacement coil, the wire continued to be fine for another 3.5 years before finally failing last month.

Anyway, thought maybe some of you would be interested....
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Would that not be the tar/whatever inside leaking out? or is it something applied.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584