Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK Summer Event, June 2013
I'd be happy with Lotus again, during our book researches we have made contact with all the old team.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I'd just like to give a massive shout of thanks to Mike and Mary Hooper who drove up to
North Yorkshire last week to check out routes, venues, car parks, etc.

They were impressed with the hotel's setting, and said the views over the bay were absolutely
stunning.

The 'rough' itinerary for the event is as follows:

Friday - drive up to hotel, arrive from 3pm - for those making a day of it, you could always visit
the attractions in York on the Friday, including the National Railway Museum, York Minster, the
York Eye and of course its historic city centre including the famous 'Shambles'. Friday evening,
meal in hotel, and generally relax and catch up with friends old and new Smile

Saturday - leave hotel after breakfast and drive to Goathland - we will probably be parking in the
railway station car park. We are then free to explore the village (used for filming Heartbeat) or
have a ride on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway - they are running steam trains that day between
Pickering and Whitby. Saturday afternoon, drive up to Whitby and park up at the historic Abbey ruins.
People are then free to explore the ruins and the town, enjoy fish and chips or icecream on the seafront, etc.
Return to hotel when ready, then meal in the evening.

Sunday - check out of hotel after breakfast and drive to Rivaulx Abbey, who are having a bit of a historic
day with themed events, etc. Just 2 miles from Rivaulx is Helmsley, which has a pretty little town with a
range of shops and restaurants and a castle. Rivaulx/Helmsley is not far from the A1(M), so handy for
driving home afterwards.

All we need now is some favourable weather!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Right, took the plunge and booked myself in for the Saturday night. As I live a couple of hours away I'm gonna drive up early sat morning and hopefully meet you guys just after breakfast. Is there any other singletons or will I be the only one lol Big Grin
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
Quote:Is there any other singletons or will I be the only one lol Big Grin
No, there are a few more singletons, however some are sharing rooms :wink: :wink: can be cold up north need someone to cuddle up to :lol:
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:Is there any other singletons or will I be the only one lol Big Grin
No, there are a few more singletons, however some are sharing rooms :wink: :wink: can be cold up north need someone to cuddle up to :lol:
Chris

I'm on my own, and a singleton...and sharing with no-one....unless that offer of Malc's was REAL! gulp!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Oh good, I'm not completely on my own then .

Although! like you rissy, I could be tempted to share my room with a lovely blonde :wink:
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
I'm a singleton too!
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
I'm sharing my room with Barrie Wills......but nothing un-to-ward should be read into that! Apart from the fact that we will again been discussing our new book..... now more than half written.

Vin 522 having its MOT today.... Fingers crossed!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
MOT Today?! You must have had a very busy weekend!! Good luck!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Yes Richard, full on.

I have a great chap helping me. Non of the fancy bits of trim or anything like that are done, just the basic bare minimum to get it running and legal.
All being well, we will be turning our attention to getting it presentable over the next 3 weeks.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Whilst you guys are up in the area some of you might be intersted in this small motor museum and classic car sales...it's in Thornton Le Dale which is on the main Scarborough to Pickering road..... http://www.mathewsons.co.uk/ click the museum link on the left......and Rissy...due to work i'll be unable to come and stay/cuddle with you at night in the hotel.. :wink:
malcy34 Wrote:Rissy...due to work i'll be unable to come and stay/cuddle with you at night in the hotel.. :wink:

Aw, thats a shame, I bet he'll be gutted :lol:
i know claire...i'm sure he will be....as i am myself..!!!!!! Sad
Quote:I'd just like to give a massive shout of thanks to Mike and Mary Hooper who drove up to
North Yorkshire last week to check out routes, venues, car parks, etc.

They were impressed with the hotel's setting, and said the views over the bay were absolutely
stunning.

The 'rough' itinerary for the event is as follows:

Friday - drive up to hotel, arrive from 3pm - for those making a day of it, you could always visit
the attractions in York on the Friday, including the National Railway Museum, York Minster, the
York Eye and of course its historic city centre including the famous 'Shambles'. Friday evening,
meal in hotel, and generally relax and catch up with friends old and new Smile

Saturday - leave hotel after breakfast and drive to Goathland - we will probably be parking in the
railway station car park. We are then free to explore the village (used for filming Heartbeat) or
have a ride on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway - they are running steam trains that day between
Pickering and Whitby. Saturday afternoon, drive up to Whitby and park up at the historic Abbey ruins.
People are then free to explore the ruins and the town, enjoy fish and chips or icecream on the seafront, etc.
Return to hotel when ready, then meal in the evening.

Sunday - check out of hotel after breakfast and drive to Rivaulx Abbey, who are having a bit of a historic
day with themed events, etc. Just 2 miles from Rivaulx is Helmsley, which has a pretty little town with a
range of shops and restaurants and a castle. Rivaulx/Helmsley is not far from the A1(M), so handy for
driving home afterwards.

All we need now is some favourable weather!
Just to clarify the above. And again huge thanks to Mike & Mary for taking the time to do it. Another newsletter has gone out and should be with everyone on Tuesday basically with the above in it. Remembering not everyone uses this forum so info has to go out this way. I understand there are still a couple of rooms left in any one wishes to stay at the hotel or just join us for an evening meal (please pre book with hotel) This should be a very well attended event and please feel free to pop along and say hello even if your not staying at the hotel/don't own a DeLorean everyone is more than welcome. Please just pop along and say hello.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
received mine today Chris, the new Club shop details on back page look good too Smile