Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Evans BBC Children in Need CARFEST
Ok Guy's

Some of you know that I meet with Chris Evans a few times each year.....

Well I've managed to get us a stand at CARFEST Shock

Car-Fest is the dream of Chris Evans, a perfect family festival encompassing his love for cars, music and food: in fact fun for all the family, to be held at Laverstoke Park on the 24th - 25th August & Cholmondeley Castle on the 7th- 9th September 2012.

Full details of the event can be found at www.carfest.org

Although tickets to the public were sold out within minutes of the event going on sale.

I have organised for 7 cars at each show North & South at £60 a car (that pays for the pitch & money to Children in Need)!

This includes the club stand (20 x 5m) 7 Saturday & 7 Sunday (adult) passes for each club.

All the cars need to be on site by 8am to gain access to their club pitch, and would be unable are able to leave till after 6pm.

LAYOUT OF CLUB STAND

• We are required to bring SEVEN of your best club examples to display

• We will be able to set up our club pitch and place cars into position on our club stand from Friday

• Cars to stand on grass within the Estate

• Cars will not be able to be move during the event (between 8am & 6 pm each day), once they have been positioned on your club stand between 8am and 6pm each day

• We have created a standardized layout and look for Car-Fest Car Clubs stands consisting 17 x 5m per club with an area of 3 x 3m at the end of the stand for a gazebo/ marquee no bigger than 3 x 3m in size to put any seating or tables you may require for club members. Total Club area of 20 x 5m per club

Marquees and furniture (teak or chrome) can ONLY be ordered through Car-Fest suppliers costs as follows:
1. Marquee 3m x 3m £150 plus VAT

2. Table and four chairs £100 plus VAT

• Gazebos /Marquees larger than 3m x 3m, flags and large branding boards are not permitted. If we wish to display car information individual boards may be placed inside the car window or in front of each car

EXHBITOR PASSES

• As a club you will receive 14 passes (two adults per car) per day. Each pass will also be valid for setup day Friday 7th September. (I need to clarify this tomorrow)

STAYING AT CAR-FEST

• A list of local accommodation will be made available to you on request. However camping onsite is available to all club stand members – to camp the cost is £100 per tent for up to 4 nights from the Thursday, with no restriction on tent size. Showers, toilets and a catering facility selling food and drink will be available close by.

SECURITY

• Car-Fest will provide security during the event which will start on the Friday through to Monday Morning.

PM me urgently if your interested. The line up of live acts and cars is outta this world!

Kind regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
would love to but.............. no way we can afford this, sorry Sad
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I'd like to sign up Steve Wiggins for the south show (although he doesn't know about this yet...!). It'd be a heck of a first show for his new car...
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
We need 7 cars each day, so if you only wanted to do 1 day and we had a "replacement" car on the other day it'd be £30 each. Big Grin Big Grin

So don't let the cost put you off, get your name down quick. :wink:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Live Bands include

Saturday
Bands include Texas, Paloma Faith, The Proclaimers, The Counterfeit Stones & Rockaoke.
Sunday
Bands include Razorlight, The Magic Numbers, Merrymouth & The Ultimate Eagles

Lots of Celeb's there too

George Michael tbc plus a few other "surprise" acts.
It's a small "private" type event so your guaranteed to get close to all the action. and for £30 a day, what a bargain!
VIN 4532

DOC-574
like you say Darren, very tempting at *only* £30 a day, but its the additional costs, like
camping, gazebo's and something to sit on (as outlined in your post).

I know its all for charity, but sadly this event is way out of my family's financial means. Sad

Sorry mate, wish we could help out, as it sounds an amazing event Sad If you send Eddie the
details however, you may be able to get this event in the next magazine in time for people to
sign up for it - only a small percentage of Club members use this forum, so you'll get a wider
audience putting it in the Club mag. I will cross post this to the Club's Facebook and Twitter pages
though for you.
Thanks for helping to spread the word Claire.

I'd love to have you there. Chairs and gazebos are not compulsary, and you dont have to camp, you could get a local B&B or just do 1 day?

It's a great deal considering Joe Public who bought the initial entrance tickets paid 3 times that and will park in a public car park away from all the action. :wink:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Right, spoke with the powers that be....

With our stand we get space for 7 cars and 14 passes each day. (children under 5 need no pass)
Price for a car is £60 so thats £30 per head for the whole weekend.
This could be halved if we had substitute cars each day which would bring it down to £15 per head per day. BARGAIN.
Once the pitch is paid for if we don't get 7 cars we could use the passes for those who'd like to attend without car, but to be fair I do hope we can put on a good display of cars. Cars get the first tickets.

We can bring our own chairs and gazebo's (no larger than 3m x 3m), so no extra cost there either.
VIN 4532

DOC-574
someone like me would have to pay £60, not £30, as I'd have a 2yr old with me.

Like I said Darren, I'd love to help, but I cannot afford it, especially when you factor in
food, petrol and accomodation.

Good luck with it though, I'm sure there are folks much more solvent then myself who will
jump at this amazing opportunity - I've posted this on Facebook and Twitter as promised
for you.
I understand Claire, no worries.

I dont get your maths though as a 2 year old would be free. :wink:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Quick question, I've maybe missed something.... what is there to 'setup' on Friday?

If the stand in preconfigured, and the exhibitors are chipping in for a marque, presumably the organisers put that up? Can't we just turn on the Sat/Sun morning?

Any thoughts comments from the organisers on what happens if it gets particularly muddy, I'm guessing with the music element included there will be more footfall than the average car show (Tatton park which is a within 20 miles springs to mind).

I'm already booked for the Knight Rider event the week before, so I'll need to persuade work to let me have multiple weekends off before I can commit, but sounds like fun.

JohnC
Hi John,

Yes you can just turn up on the Satuday/Sunday, set up day is for those with stalls or if you'd just like to get there and pitch your tent early etc.

Would be good to have you there :wink:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
I'm up for this... Big Grin

If we decide we actually need them we can now take our own gazebo and chairs so don't need to stump up for those.

I've got two perfectly good leather seats in the D and I don't intend to sit around all day any way!

Rich
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Darren C Wrote:I understand Claire, no worries.

I dont get your maths though as a 2 year old would be free. :wink:

I thought it was £60 a car.... so you're saying its £30 per person... ?
actually, scratch that, I've just checked the diary and the Cholmondley one clashes with
an event we're already doing in Derbyshire.

I would have thought you'd have no problem getting cars to attend tho, as there are plenty
of owners in the Northwest Smile

Hopefully this event will make it into the Club mag and you will get the cars you need for
both locations.