Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean at Beaulieu Motor Museum
bozzzydmc Wrote:... now your getting just as bad as Tracey and her spanking fetish Smile Smile

you wish!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
He does !!!!
A friend and I are planning a trip to the Beaulieu-museum in the weekend of 28 & 29 july 2007. I know it's a long time away, but would any of you guys live in the neighbourhood for a meet and a chat? Doesn't have to be something big, just a drink or something like that. We have'nt made a planning yet, so maybe we could fit a drink in on saturday or sunday?

PS. Maybe I'll see some of you guys at the Eurotech-meeting in Norfolk?

Regards

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
www.deloreanservice.be
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
bozzzydmc Wrote:Good point Claire, does anyone have a cross reference for the front indicator / side light shown on that car / RHD's?

There are a few variations in the front turn signal lenses on RHD cars.

The lenses on the Beaulieu car in those photos are similar to what I have seen on cars which were post-factory conversions.

The factory RHD cars had a custom metal bracket fitted behind the front turn signal lenses in order to make them fit (roughly) flush with the fascia rather than being recessed as they are on a stock DMC-12. The lenses used in these cases were either a stock factory lens (see below)

[Image: frontrepeater01.jpg]

or a more curved lens which is reputedly sourced from an army vehicle (shown below)
[Image: frontrepeater02.jpg]

The AXI cars had the stock factory lens, while some (all?) of the SIJ cars had this rounded army lens.
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
http://www.halohost.com/mike/dmc/DSCF0007.JPG

So i wonder what these were off, i would solve a lot of side light problems on 're imported' cars. Look the best out of the lot, imo

They kind of mirror the twin headlamps...
Chrispy did have a set which I think he said came from Gerry Castle. Perhaps he could get a part number?
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
The major difference is the steering wheel is on the wrong side :lol:
TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
must be one of those kitcars i get asked about all the time Smile

Pitch black tonight ...finally got my car started in over a month after my heater valve in the engine bay sprung a leak... opened my garage door to let out the exhaust fumes.. along comes 6 guys straight from the gym asking me

" is it a real DeLorean? Smile"

After all the hassle ive had with it , that comment made it all worth while Smile
I have always wanted to go but it is the other end of the country from me and i would need to plan a few days away to visit this Sad

Andy Wrote:A friend and I are planning a trip to the Beaulieu-museum in the weekend of 28 & 29 july 2007. I know it's a long time away, but would any of you guys live in the neighbourhood for a meet and a chat? Doesn't have to be something big, just a drink or something like that. We have'nt made a planning yet, so maybe we could fit a drink in on saturday or sunday?

PS. Maybe I'll see some of you guys at the Eurotech-meeting in Norfolk?

Regards

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
www.deloreanservice.be
It's definately worth going to ! Big Grin
So I've been to the Beaulieu-museum and it was worth it. There are some really rare cars there. I saw the DeLorean too ; it was replaced to just where you enter the room (there were some supercars too at the moment in the entrancehall). Did anyone else see the CMC-letters on the door of the DeLorean? Is this a deliberate mistake?

Regards

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
Phil Peters Wrote:There are a few variations in the front turn signal lenses on RHD cars.

etc. etc.

some (all?) of the SIJ cars had this rounded army lens.

I've just re-read what I wrote a while back (thanks to Andy for bringing this topic to the top of the list again :wink: ) and I've had a bit of a re-think on a few points:

There are today a few variations in the front turn signal lenses found on RHD cars.

The lenses on the Beaulieu car in those photos are similar to what I have seen on cars which were post-factory conversions or other DeLoreans imported into the UK. They provide the legally required sidelight, and I think it's quite a neat way to do it.

Regarding some of the the RHD cars (and I'm thinking of the Wooler-Hodec cars in this instance), the more rounded front turn signal lenses were fitted at the same time as the cars had the rear light clusters converted by Castle. Examples here would be VIN# 12175 and VIN# 12173. Cars which did not have the post-auction rear light conversions performed would not have had these front turn signals fitted. Examples of this would be Ian Foster's "Dusty" (VIN# 12176) and I think possibly VIN# 12177 which we saw at Norfolk back in 2006.
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Phil Peters Wrote:
bozzzydmc Wrote:Good point Claire, does anyone have a cross reference for the front indicator / side light shown on that car / RHD's?

There are a few variations in the front turn signal lenses on RHD cars.

The lenses on the Beaulieu car in those photos are similar to what I have seen on cars which were post-factory conversions.

The factory RHD cars had a custom metal bracket fitted behind the front turn signal lens in order to make them fit (roughly) flush with the fascia rather than being recessed as they are on a stock DMC-12. The lenses used in these cases were either a stock factory lens (see below)

[Image: frontrepeater01.jpg]

or a more curved lens which is reputedly sourced from an army vehicle (shown below)
[Image: frontrepeater02.jpg]

The AXI cars had the stock factory lens, while some (all?) of the SIJ cars had this rounded army lens.

Wow thanks for pointing the signal lens out, my bud had the square type lenses looks really flushed when all lenses look square.
It's not the same car! The pic of the car from 1984 is not the same as the one Beaulieu have now.
The car in the 84' pic is the one I saw in the late 80's or very early 90's when I pestered my M&D to take me to see it.
I took loads of pics that I had on my bedroom wall as a teenager :wink: .

The car was factory fresh, very low miles. Not registered no plates. As I understand it was given to Beaulieu by the government when DMC went down.
I think it was sold in the mid to late 90's.

Regards
Nick
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/