Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2012 Q2 Update of DeLorean DMC-12 sales on eBay is updat
Hello fellow DeLorean friends from afar. Just a quick note that I've updated my blog to cover 2012 Q1 & Q2 sales on ebay on our favorite car. Some interesting trends, check it out:

Link Here

...text below.

"I may be late posting, but I have not stopped collecting the data, so… here it is a summary and notes of 69(!) months of eBay sales of DeLorean.

My last updated was at the end of 2011, so this update represents the first six months of the year. The results are always interesting to dissect and speculate, here is what I see in the data.

Looking at the trend line: You can see an undeniable trend for the last 18 months of upward (increasing selling price). DeLorean prices seem to have recovered from the 2010 dip, paralleling the state of global economic conditions during those times. However, in Q1 and Q2 of 2012, there has been a very steady, and moderately steep, rise in sold prices; incredibly, the rise is the most significant since I have been tracking this data since Q3 2006.

Looking at the table: Here we see the details of this rise in prices. First we note that in the first two quarters of 2012, the quantity of sold cars is on track to match the 2011 numbers (total sold in 2011: 69, and most sold was in 2008: 82)

Then we see that the average price (this is the number that is graphed above) in 2012 so far, is a healthy (or alarming I suppose depending your status as buyer or seller) 10% increase from last year. The trend seems to be that every year the average price of a DeLorean sold on eBay is tickling closer to $20K for a running decent Delorean in non-project condition.

Interestingly enough, the lowest sold running one that will require labor and parts it get to back to a decent condition, jumped up 32% from last year - this, and the increase in good condition cars, could also be attributed to the fact that more and more DeLoreans are being restored. This is again evidenced in the spread of selling prices, where the Standard Deviation (“SD”) is showing the narrowest range in 2012, than I have ever recorded since I’ve tracked these sales.

Finally some anecdotal data for 2012 Q1-Q2: By States, the most cars sold were in California (9), then a tie with Florida (4) and in New York (4), followed by Ohio (3). The lowest Vin sold was 982, highest was 20059. Lowest miles: 997 (which was the highest selling so far in 2012, at $31K), highest: 100K.

That's my summary, stop back to see how the trend for the year finishes."