Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retro Metal Event, Uttoxeter, Staffs, 11-12 August 2012
Dear all,

can I have a show of hands for this event please?

It sounds a right laugh, with a 'cheesy 80's roller disco', space hopper races, retro trade stalls,
cars, bikes, bicycles, military vehicles, and a BIKINI CAR WASH GUYS !!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Details here: http://www.retrometal.co.uk

The Vehicle & Lifestyle Show for all things Retro !

Retro Metal is a family friendly gathering of like minded folk with an interest in all things Retro held at Uttoxeter Racecourse, Staffordshire on Saturday 11th to Sunday 12th August 2012.

A weekend for enthusiasts of all things retro.... cars,vans,trucks, bikes, trikes,scooters,american cars,military vehicles,,bmx ,raleigh choppers,custom cycles,sinclair c5s,,skateboards,roller skates,....and if it hasnt got wheels..retro lifestyle...clothing & music...pinball machines,ghetto blasters,space hoppers,toys.....if its retro its gonna be on display at our show somewhere. We as organisers of this show are into all kinds of weird and wonderful creations and many if not all of our personal collections will be on display, but more importantly we want to see your pride and joy retro vehicles items and "toys".

Saturday afternoon.. set up camp with likeminded retro fans,crack open something cold and refreshing and have a little cruise around the show...movement is permited around the show but please be sensible NO SPEEDING..its a family show so there will be children about. In the main arena there will be displays and traders selling everything from autojumble to toys,& from cup cakes to all manner of retro and festival related items.. .also there will be static and moving displays. From drifting champions showing there superb driving skills, lighting up the rear tyres around a tight coned slalom course down to the slightly less frantic space hopper racing..cant wait for this, will be hilarious.... even a live Horse Racing meet around the showground!

Bikini Babe Car Wash ....to quote Kenny Everett....all in the best possible taste...pay the girls a few quid and get some great photos of our models soaping up your motor!!!
Large cruise around the site for all pedal powered vehicles.

Our main outdoor attraction..starting Saturday afternoon and into the night.. The Retro Roller Disco
Our resident Weluv80s/RetroDiscos djs, Aztek & Vitamin Dee will be playing retro tunes from the 80s &90s off the back of the bright yellow vw splitty pick up across our huge outdoor nice flat tarmac rollerskate rink...we will have a few pairs for free hire but 1st come basis so please bring your own or dig out your old skates to be sure of joining in the fun....... also throughout the weekend there will be some "roller derby " displays from leicesters "Dolly Rockit Rollers".... basically this is a game of "british bulldog" on skates...has to be seen!!!
The roller disco will be running late into the night with quality tunes across the spectrum from cheesy 80s,to 90s dance, and full laser light show as night falls. In the fully licensed bar in the main arena will be our Mods & Rockers Diner...from 7pm.... we are in the process of securing a fantastic live band (T.B.C.) to really get the party started...then Weluv80s/RetroDiscos Mr.P. along with a guest dj will be carrying the night on with the retro tunes....everything from mod,ska,soul,mowtown and reggae to classic rock, punk and indie. Entertainment closes at midnight.

Sunday will be main show day with several classes to show off your pride and joy with the chance of winning a trophy. We as organisers are all lovers of all things retro and have been attending shows and building all sorts of crazy vehicles for many many years, so as this is the first year of Retro Metal we wont be taking the show and shine too seriously...we want you to enter your pride and joy whatever its condition , it doesnt need to be a concourse trailer queen....we will simply be picking some of our favourite vehicles of the show, wether it be for the build quality or well executed modifications to a just dragged out of a hedge bottom rat looker....if we like it , you will win a trophy. just pick up an entry form,fill in your details & choose a class you think your vehicle fits into, park up and have some fun and we will do the rest..

We want your Car & Scooter Clubs dedicated club camping area & group discounts.

Want to win a weekend hire in a VW Campervan worth £450?
Simply book advanced tickets & you will be automatically entered into a free prize draw from our friends at YouCanWithaCamperVan.co.uk as well as saving 30% on Gate Admission !!

Book your Advanced tickets at Retro prices! Weekend Tickets just £10 !!

Retro Metal - Run by Enthusiasts for Enthusiasts!

I need a minimum of 5 cars for a club stand and camping is included in the £10 weekend entry fee
(or its a fiver if you only want to do one day). I need to know by 22nd July, I'll book the tickets,
you just pay me back on the day.

1. Claire Usher (camping)
2. Phill Wright (camping)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
OOOoooooohh!! Too many shows! lol! Could go to this, maybe. Once again, i'll check with the management.

Can't camp though. If there is a hotel nearby though....?

Unless I buy a tent, and stuff, and can also fit it in the D'?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Rissy, we've got a massive frame tent that fits in the De, but I'm pretty sure
there is a Travelodge/Premier Inn nearby on the A50 if you'd rather have the
creature comforts.
Looks like a fun weekend. Am rather tempted by this one as well! Stick us down for a maybe at the moment.
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
I've had this email from the organisers in response to my enquiry about a Club stand:

Hi Claire,

We'd love to have you ...

It is £10 per adult for the weekend advanced which includes the Saturday entertainment and camping, £15 on the gate, £7.50 on the Sunday.

We have club plots which also have free tickets for every 10 you buy. As you have such collectible cars I'd me more than happy to give you a prominent 10 metre front plot.

Hope you can get a good turnout and join us for the weekend, the club form is on the website and I'll email you a flyer for the forum when I'm on my pc.

Thanks again

Andrew

Vwcurtains ltd

So come on everyone, lets see if we can fill a 10m wide plot !!!

1. Claire Usher
2. Phill Wright
3. Richard H
4. Paul Bardill

I need to have names before 22nd July so that I can get our entry form in.
to put it in the word of bit from Tron....

"Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes" :lol:

(camping too)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
1. Claire Usher
2. Phill Wright
3. Richard H
4. Paul Bardill
5. Chris McGeachy
Can't make this one I'm afraid, sounds like a good en' too.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
do you know if Malc and Gaye can go Julian (seeing as its local to them) ??
Ok, this is the list of people I have so far:

1. Claire Usher + child
2. Phill Wright
3. Richard H
4. Paul Bardill
5. Chris McGeachy +1
6. Malc & Gaye Lomas
7. Helen Makewell +1 + child

is this correct? I'll need to know asap, as I'm ordering the tickets (you all pay me
back on the day, a tenner each) and dont want to be out of pocket.

cheers,
Guinney1971 Wrote:Ok, this is the list of people I have so far:

1. Claire Usher + child
2. Phill Wright
3. Richard H
4. Paul Bardill
5. Chris McGeachy +1
6. Malc & Gaye Lomas
7. Helen Makewell +1 + child

is this correct? I'll need to know asap, as I'm ordering the tickets (you all pay me
back on the day, a tenner each) and dont want to be out of pocket.

cheers,

I'm still in with Sarah.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
cheers Chris, Helen is sorting her tickets out, so I'll order enough for Me, Phill, Kez,
you & Sarah and Rich H, and I'll try and get hold of Malc because I know he cant
post on here because he cant get his login to work.

Paul - you still coming?
Certainly intend on coming!
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
Ok, tickets have been booked for:

1. Claire Usher + child
2. Phill Wright
3. Richard H
4. Paul Bardill
5. Chris McGeachy +1
6. Malc & Gaye Lomas
7. Helen Makewell

thats £10 each person for the weekend, I've paid this upfront, so can people
please pay me back on the day (cheque or cash acceptable).

many thanks, and see you there! (and dont forget your 'retro accessories' for
the weekend too Smile

**** if anyone else wants to come, you've got until 5th August to let me know,
as thats when I've got until to order advanced tickets at a reduced rate ****
...Just wondering when people are planning on going along to this?

Sarah and I are planning on driving up on Saturday, hopefully not too late, maybe late morning leave or something, arrive just after lunch or thereabouts. Planning on camping, but just for the Saturday night.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):