Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Herne Bay car show who also turned up
bttf car Wrote:I was informed that another Delorean turned up, it wasnt booked in but got a place, does anyone know who it was
That would have been me, I drove up for the day.

I took a bunch of pictures from the show - http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... ?start=all

My favorite is this one - Fire up the Quattro!
[Image: DSC_0755.jpg]
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
bttf car Wrote:did you see my car?
Yes, I saw it setup over by the restrooms, I was parked a few streets away - just curious did you drive it to the event, or trailer it?
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Steven,

You asked why I didn't come and talk to you, to be frank, I was close to saying hello, having read the plaque you had standing next to the car and seeing that it credited J Ryan as the builder with no mention of 'Official' or 'Universal', so for a moment I thought you had maybe seen the light and dropped all the 'official' this 'Universal' that bullshit which you blatantly use to deliberately misrepresent the car to make it out as something other than a well made fan replica (personally the fact that an extremely dedicated fan took the time to recreate a replica of the movie car would be the history I would be promoting, not stretching the truth because it just happened to be used on a recent documentary on a dvd).
However, while I was waiting for a chance to say hello, you were talking to another gentleman who was asking you questions on where you got the car, to which you said to him, and I quote "I bought the car from Universal", so I walked off, I've got no time for the BS which you surround the car with. As for your comments on recent threads regarding being attacked/picked on by members of the other forum, does the fact that 90% of owners take issue with the way you promote your car not indicate anything to you? Also FYI, the majority of the members on the other forum are also members of the DOC.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Perhaps you need to get some olive oil for those ears Mike?
http://www.deloreanhire.com
http://www.fusiontimetravel.co.uk

Ex 1981 DMC Delorean Time Machine owner.
Steven,

Both myself and my other half were standing less than 6 ft away from you, we both know what we heard.

As for slagging your car off, I don't believe anyone on either of the forums has done that, quite the opposite in fact - everyone will agree that it is a very nice fan made replica, but at the end of the day it is just that, a replica, it's not official, and while it was (past tense) used by Universal for some minor promotional material, that neither makes it official nor licensed. I took a look at the document you sent me via PM, it does not claim anything with regards to licensing or official use, it's just a consent form which gives them permission to take pictures and/or video which they may use for whatever purposes they see fit under the BTTF banner.

The only issue people have, is your insistence on continually ramming the official/licensed and blatant mis-truths lines down our throats. Members even emailed you under a pseudonym before your car even landed in the country, the response to one such message was:
Quote:Hi i own the actual back ot the future delorean time machine used by universal studios, it arrives in the country tomorrow, the car is based in dover i could possibly help but it would be in the region of £1000 due to the transportation costs, if you want a bttf car there is no better car in Europe, please check out the site http://www.bttfcar.co.uk thanks steven
The actual car? Are you seriously telling me that that isn't in the slightest bit misleading to any potential customer looking to hire your car for an event? You know full well they will take that being the actual car used in the movies, not for some poxy little extra on a dvd with sub 5 minutes screen time.

Quote: i do not go around forums slagging off cars
Perhaps not on forums, but what about for folks who want to hire a car? Scott Miller's car and the Manchester gig spring instantly to mind.

All you are doing by continuing to go down this route, is successfully alienating yourself from the majority of the DeLorean community here in the UK.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
I must add that myself and John Chapelhow met Steven and his car at the Time Travel Exhibition in Liverpool recently and we were impressed with the quality and build of the car and that Steven took time out on a very busy day to chat openly about the car and its use for promotion purposes.
All things aside, it's a DeLorean and this is a club for that car-please sort any disagreements out via pm's guys!
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!