Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M6 toll road speed trap
I came up the M6 toll road last night (Monday, >9pm), i was fortunate that I had slowed to go into the services, however the police had setup a speed trap on the services bridge. 0.5m north were 3 patrol cars with a queue of motorists on the hard shoulder.

john chapelhow
DOC 19 : 'Boeing' #0737
JohnC Wrote:I came up the M6 toll road last night (Monday, >9pm), i was fortunate that I had slowed to go into the services, however the police had setup a speed trap on the services bridge. 0.5m north were 3 patrol cars with a queue of motorists on the hard shoulder.

john chapelhow
DOC 19 : 'Boeing' #0737

Laser trap? or... Radar?
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
yes know it very well but i got a little jammer on the company car and i must say it worket ok up to know ( touch stainess Big Grin )
Yes but glen if you hit the trap at 88mph you can go back to the previous day and remind yourself that its there lol TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Actually thinking about it you will already know durr how silly of me TT :lol:
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
This defies the entire purpose of the M6 toll road!
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152
I agree Rob - its a private road, with no speed limit (afaik), which you (now) pay £4.00 to use, so WTF are Plod doing nailing people? Shock

They may well be on a bridge over the road, but surely if a road has no speed limit, they've got no right to pull people over? :?: :?: :?: :?:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
yeh but no but yeh but no but...

'Several high-performance car dealerships in the M6 Toll area quietly recommend the M6 Toll as a place to demonstrate the capabilities of their cars. The flat and very well maintained status of the road even encourages regular road users to exceed the normal speed limit by 10mph or more. However, the road is subject to the same motorway regulations as other motorways in the UK and is policed in the same way.'

from wikipedia. boo! Cry

From Anna (Phil's other half :wink: )
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
oh poo. I was always lead to believe that it was a private road so was exempt from the 'national speed limit' and you could therefore drive as fast as you liked on it - and I've had people overtaking me at much higher speeds then I was doing, so I obviously wasnt alone in thinking it didnt have a maximum speed limit :!:

As its now just a normal road that you now have to pay £4 to use (each way), I shant bother anymore - we pay enough in 'road tax' as it is Sad

Cheers for the clarification Anna
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie