Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transporting a Delorean
I'm moving house soon and need to move my Delorean.

Has anyone got any tips on transporting a Delorean or better still got a Delorean sized trailer I can borrow in Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire area or details or someone with a decent transporter.

I have details of a local guy with a transporter but its a beaver tail type and I'm not sure if the Delorean will ground on the ramp there isn't much ground clearance. I can also borrow a flat bed trailer but its only 12ft so not sure if the rear wheels will fit on when the front bumper is against the front of the trailer.

Is there a perfered direction to have the car facing? I'll tie down the rear louvre.

Once I've moved the fun starts trying to replace the head gaskets!

Thanks
James
James Macpherson
doc 129
vin 2250
Bedfordshire
Reakky important to load the car backwards and strap the louvers down.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
James, long time no hear matey!

I think Chris Parnham has still got his trailer, but you'd need to go to Derby to fetch it, and
ideally you'd need a decent sized towcar, as you're gonna be pulling getting on for 2 tonnes
when the car is on it.

We've used pallet wrap in the past to hold down the louvres on my car Smile

Good luck with the house move and the head gaskets - been there... done that..... Sad
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thanks for the replies, I had considered asking Chris P but probably cost me more in fuel to get it than it would to hire from here!
Hopefully once we get settled in the new house I can spend some time on the car, unfortunately the Delorean is getting a smaller garage then it has at the moment but I have plans to rebuild the garage but lots of other things to do on the house before that.

Thanks Again
James
James Macpherson
doc 129
vin 2250
Bedfordshire