Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crank pulley needed
can anyone help?

I need to replace the crank pulley on #2292's engine, Dave H has been trying to sort one for me, but no
luck so far, so if anyone can help, please let me know, as my car isnt going anywhere without a new one.

Cheers all,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Sorry Claire I cant help ya, just curious what happened to the old one?
Vin #4087
it got damaged when the car got rear ended on the way back from a show last year Sad

Can you find out if Keith or anyone else in Ireland can help out?
I'll certainly ask
Vin #4087
thanks Thomas! Big Grin
I'm pretty sure I have one but it needs sleeving. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to go to my mum's and have a look in the loft though, sorry.

They are available form Houston at a price. Have you tried Renault? It's for an R30TX
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Keith doesnt have one.
Vin #4087
stunned_monkey Wrote:I'm pretty sure I have one but it needs sleeving. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to go to my mum's and have a look in the loft though, sorry.

They are available form Houston at a price. Have you tried Renault? It's for an R30TX

Yeah, Houston want the best part of $300 for summat the size of a saucer, and thats without shipping and then duty this end, which is a joke.

what do you mean by 'sleeving' Martin?

No desperate hurry at the mo, Dave Howarth has been trying to get one off an engine for me, but no luck yet it seems.

If you can have a look next time your at your mums (say Hi to her for me Smile ), it would be appreciate.

Thomas, thanks for asking around mate, much appreciated.
Is yours badly knackered? Could it be repaired somehow?
Vin #4087
SKF makes very thin precision ground stainless sleeves for covering over damaged lip seal surfaces - you can get them in all sizes. I know the pulley I'm thinking of has a pitted surface where the seal goes. Speedi-sleeves are available from RS
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
basically, my pulley has a really bad wobble on it when the engine is running, it happened when
the car got rear ended last summer, and its getting progressively worse.

Gonna ring Dave Howarth again tonight and see if he's had any joy trying to get the one he's got
off of the engine he has......
They can be tricky enough to remove
Vin #4087
Ain't that the truth. Air gun and blow torch.

Not in that order.

Unless you really get angry.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
I seem to recall when we originally did Flopsy's engine in 2003, you telling me to hold the car in 5th gear and
stand on the brakes whilst you hauled on the 'betsy bar' attached to rachet & socket on the pulley nut Smile

Other option is, to take mine off, and get a new one machined by RichH's mate with an engineering workshop.

Car's eh.......... :roll:
I still have nightmares about removing crankshaft pulley nuts! :wink:

After trying and failing with the 5th gear and windy gun .

I got a Peugeot diesel flywheel locking tool. Costs about £6. You remove the starter motor and using
One of the bolting points, bolt in the locking tool which will mesh with the starter ring gear.
Thus the flywheel is locked. Then heat the b###### nut . I found a heavy duty map gas blow lamp
(ideal for lighting the BBQ at Le Mans :lol: ) worked a treat. Then use a breaker bar and it will come off.
A new nut cost £2 from Renault . They were out of stock so I got mine from Volvo for £8. They know how to charge!

If you want to borrow the locking tool I can stick it in the post.

Regards
Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/