Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of membership
Hi All,

I had hoped that I wouldn't have to do this but after being a member of the DOC since 2000 and having seen all the changes that have taken place in that time, it is with regret that I have had to take the decision that due to my financial circumstances I feel I have no choice but to not renew my membership for this year.

I've considered this for at least the last couple of years as I've been experiencing severe financial problems (most likely a consequence of living "Oop Narf") but the long and the short of it is that I can no longer justify the expense when I consider that I don't own a car, and am not likely to anytime in the next few years unfortunately.

I had hoped that things would've been sorted out by now and that I could continue to be a DOC member, but sadly this hasn't proved to be the case so here I am typing this.

I intend to stay on the Forum (which I hope is OK for a non-member) to occasionally pop in and see what the latest news is, but given that I've not been able to be a very active member for the last few years I doubt anyone will notice my absense.

If my luck suddenly changes within the next month (before my membership ends) then I will retract this post and renew my subs as usual, but if not then I'd like to say it's been a pleasure being in such a friendly and sociable club for the past 12 years and I've no doubt it'll continue to evolve for the better.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
Hey, don't feel bad - these things happen (I've been there!) but you'll always be welcome on the forum (I hope I'm right there!) Smile
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Thats no problem Mike and I hope things turn around for you soon. The club will always be there and you are free to return whenever you wish, please keep in touch through the forum though.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks guys.

My enthusiasm for the D has never faltered but it's just the pesky economic situation that seems to have one over on me at the moment.

I'll stay in touch regardless of what happens as I've always enjoyed how friendly the club is.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
Mike, you'll always be welcome on here, and at shows if you want to come along to any meets near you.

You've been a great supporter of the Club over the last 12 years, and we all know where you are coming from
ref the current financial climate.

Best wishes for the future mate, and dont be a stranger!!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Guinney1971 Wrote:Mike, you'll always be welcome on here, and at shows if you want to come along to any meets near you.

You've been a great supporter of the Club over the last 12 years, and we all know where you are coming from
ref the current financial climate.

Best wishes for the future mate, and dont be a stranger!!

Thanks Claire.

I hate to accept defeat as it's not in my nature but I just know that I need to make some serious cut-backs if I'm to get things sorted out, and my membership of the DOC was the last thing I wanted to cut, but such is life eh.

If I'm honest I haven't written as many things for the club mag in recent years as I did once upon a time, but thanks for your kind words as it means a lot.

I'm of the belief that if you try hard enough things will come good in the end, so hopefully I'll be back as an active member in the near future.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
thats the spirit! Big Grin
Erm,

I'm going to look daft for saying this but stangely I was offered a decent job yesterday (which I accepted while at the sam etime trying to retain some semblence of dignity by not shouting and screaming down the phone) and as a result the cut back I was going to make of not renewing my membership to this glorious and wonderful club now seems unnecessary.

Chris, please could you let me know what the current cost is and remind me of the address to payPal it to so I can sort it?

Thanks.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
Well done on the new job, must be a huge relief for you. Membership fee is still £25.00 per year. All contact details as in your last mag.

Cheers

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news Mike, huge congrats on the job, and great news about you rejoining the Club Big Grin
Guinney1971 Wrote:YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news Mike, huge congrats on the job, and great news about you rejoining the Club Big Grin

Cheers Claire.

I suppose thinking about it my membership was until the end of this month so theoretically I never left, but it was bloody close!

Let's hope I can stay for a few more years.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
amen to that mate, and lets hope we see you at a few meets this year - and congrats on the new job, hope it all goes well for you Smile
amen to that mate, and lets hope we see you at a few meets this year - and congrats on the new job, hope it all goes well for you Smile
Guinney1971 Wrote:amen to that mate, and lets hope we see you at a few meets this year - and congrats on the new job, hope it all goes well for you Smile

Thanks Claire.

I promise I'll try and make it this year more than I did last year (which wouldn't be hard lol).

Hopefully with a few quid coming in I won't feel as guilty about the prospect of spending money on fun.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby