Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camping out in Wales in style!
Every year myself and a few mates go camping in Snowdonia, North Wales (no, we're not mad and yes, it was'nt that cold!), drop into our regular campsite at the base of Mount Snowdon and catch up over a fire and a few beers with the intention of a brisk walk up the mountain the next day.
Despite the forecast of snow and below freezing temperatures, I decided it would be a good run out for Ol' Stainless (none of this garaged for winter lark for my car), and performed flawlessly on the 1 and half hour drive to North Wales from the Wirral, 55-65 mph all the way-a full moon and clear skies helped the journey as the headlights are not the best in the world.
Had a great night on the beer, talked cars and bikes, ate bbq food and survived to the next day! On the way back we called into a cafe in Capel Curig and all the staff came out to look at the car, 2 walkers from New Zealand could'nt believe that they were looking at a DeLorean at all, and a guy in a mk2 Scirroco stopped in the middle of the road to take a photo!
A good weekend and the sun shone on the way back, funny watching kids in the back of cars twisting their heads round to see the car!
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Brave man, no, not for taking the DeLorean but camping in December!

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
"The way I see it, if you're going camping in Snowdonia, why not do it in style!"
Seriously Chris, it was +2 and not cold at all-we were there a few years ago and it was -18, now thats cold!
The DMC enjoyed the tripout, and a few people remarked that it was nice to see a classic car out and about in winter-mentioned the club a few times too. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
good for you mate, I'm glad its not just us that goes camping in the De's then Smile

I should think after a few beers and mebbe a couple of brandy's the outside temperature
is the last thing on your mind :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thanks for the support Claire, I did'nt even doubt the DMC for a minute, especially as you could'nt get a signal for the mobile phone if it decided to play up-no help from the AA here! 8)
Nice one.
The D' is great for camping. We camped at Le Mans in '05. ( it was 40 deg! thoughMr Green )
However I hope you did this in the correct DOC style. Full size BBQ, Gazebo,
Generator, Fairy lights, chest freezer (for beer) etc. 8) .
OK we did put most of this in Bob's Boxer van :wink:

On a more serious note the D' is good in the snow with all the weight over the rear wheels.

Regards
Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
Er, not quite Nick-just camping essentials (front passenger side footwell easily takes 2 cases of Carlsberg Export) BBQ fits under the hood with fold up chairs and tent, Snap-on toolbox behind the drivers seat, sleeping bag, boots, spare clothes and foodies on rear shelf, camp bed on the passenger seat and still hav'nt found the bottle opener!
Wonder if JZD ever thought of a 4wd camper van type conversion? 8) :lol: