Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement straight cooling hose 32mm
Got some replacement 32mm straight radiator hose off ebay 1 metre of it in black rubber (item 2906072232-46) from Auto Silicone Hoses Ltd, (www.apmotorstore.com) for £7.37 + £1.50 p&p.
I used this to replace a couple of straight hoses on my DMC that looked very iffy-easy to cut with a hacksaw and a nice tight fit, no leaks with a 60/40 antifreeze water mix. Recomended if you've got straight hoses due for replacement. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
nice one Brian, I replaced mine just over 5 years ago when one of my hoses (the one under
the coil cover) burst on the M1.

I used 'chav blue' silicon hose for all the short bits between the metal coolant pipes under the car,
I think it cost me about £20 to buy enough to do the car, but silicon is more expensive.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I was going to replace all of the hoses, but as I had replaced all of the main ones in the engine bay it seemed a waste of money to just junk them for new silicone ones, but this metre length of hose was the ideal item to replace all of the underneath short hoses if you cut it carefully, I had to replace the skinny hose clamps with wider better fitting jubilee hose clips tho', just in time for the winter motoring!
p.s., Morrisons seem the cheapest for anti-freeze mix 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!