Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean "wrap" contest
Hi all,

I assume most of you have seen this, but it's a bit of fun Jalopnik and DMC Houston had:

http://jalopnik.com/5853577/the-winner- ... contest-is

Will be interesting to see the actual car... and I really should buy Forza 4.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

some really cool designs there Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Whats wrong with the 'any colour you want as long as its silver' finish? (Henry Ford inspired!) 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
I've often thought a Back To The Future wrap would be cool.... there was even a stick on transfer you could place over glass that allowed a one-way image to be seen on the outside whilst people inside the car saw clear (used on phone booths...)

For the right price, considering the wraps don't harm the car I'd be very tempted.

JohnC
JohnC Wrote:I've often thought a Back To The Future wrap would be cool.... there was even a stick on transfer you could place over glass that allowed a one-way image to be seen on the outside whilst people inside the car saw clear (used on phone booths...)

For the right price, considering the wraps don't harm the car I'd be very tempted.

JohnC

It can be done, the film my freinds firm uses is called contra-vision, it has loads of small holes in it so from one side you can look straight through it, with the effect if a slight tint, and on the other you can have whatever you like printed, it can be a bit pricy compared to normal printed film.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
so you could have a wrap on the screen/side windows, of say, Doc and Marty 'inside the car' but you can still see out
of it to drive safely?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Even if that were the case, I doubt it'd be legal on the road (for shows, no issues obviously but expensive for just that).
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)