Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proud owner of vin 1851 and 10723 who need tidied up ASAP :D
I own 2 deloreans and while building my house they were sadly 'BARNED' for a good 15 years and to be honest they only need tidied up! Smile i have noticed on one of the cars the power steering isnt working, any ideas? where should i start? where is the best place for parts etc? Any help would be appreciated people!! Smile
Power Steering?
VIN 17152 - The Manx 'D'
yes
Since they don't have power steering, it'd be an interesting problem to have.. I would assume they'd think you were joking on that one. Wink

Parts wise - let us know what you want; the club can help and PJ Grady has a presence in the UK too - but anything can be catered for if you have a list.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Hi Philip, welcome to the forum - any pics of your De's you can share with us?

The De's didnt have power steering from the factory, but I know that some people
have worked on 'aftermarket' PAS - its something I'm looking into as I'm suffering from
arthritis in my shoulders, and we're working on an electronic PAS system.

As has been said, let us know what parts you need, and we'll point you in the right
direction Smile

regards,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi bet i looked stupid there :roll: . What way does the delorean steering work? For some reason the car is very very hard to turn? Thanks guys i will let you know what parts i need soon.
Very simple mechanism really. Steering wheel connected to a shaft with a couple of UJ's in it that connects to the steering rack. If you take off the cover in the luggage compartment/where the brake fluid goes you will see alll this. Could be a siezed UJ, no oil in the rack etc etc. Where abouts are you in the UK? I'm sure some one can help you if needed.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I'm actually in Northern Ireland but I'll have a look at it myself and get back to you on that one
Thanks Philip
check your front tyre pressures are at 23 psi per tyre as anything less will give heavy steering.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
A few pics of the grey 82 D Smile ( the 81 is still stored up on wooden blocks lol) Thanks Philip
nice looking car that, hope you get it on the road soon so that you can start enjoying it properly Smile
Steering UJ's are rusted up
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
do you remember how bad Flopsy's UJ's were Martin? I think we left them soaking
in penetrating fluid for about a week in the end didnt we?
Indeedy. I'm going to sort out a UJ replacement shortly.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
How can you tell? What should I do? Thanks Philip