Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chop Cut Rebuild-Bricklin SV-1
Last Sunday 14/8/11, Discovery Shed showed a series featuring the restoration and 'customising' of a 60s Chevrolet Impala and a Bricklin SV-1 (Safety Vehicle!), the Canadian built Bricklin beat the DMC to gullwing doors back in 1975 and apart from the unique chassis and bodyshell borrowed most of its mechanicals from production cars (sounding familiar?), in this case Ford.
Marvellous to see customisers tackling something other than Mustangs,
Camaros etc. When finished they had it painted in a strange lurid bright orange colour which was probably a variation of the original orange colour scheme. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
darn missed that - but if its on Discovery it'll probably be repeated 8)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
It's also on youtube, it must have been a repeat as it's been on YouTube for a year or so.

Malcolm Bricklin basicly makes out that DeLorean used one of the Bricklin prototypes for the D, what a load of tosh.

I love the 'Brick' I'd love to have one next to my DeLorean, but Malcolm Bricklin winds me up when he makes out the DeLorean was basically his reject prototype.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
smacks of sour grapes to me James
Guinney1971 Wrote:smacks of sour grapes to me James

Indeed

I thought it was particulalry telling that it was aired after JZD's death

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
[img]P1030640%20Briklins%20at%20DCS%20Gettysburg%2014th%20June%202008[/img]
I hope I have loaded this picture of some Bricklins I took in the Us in 2008, if not I will have to have another attempt!!!!

Mike
Now I have mastered how to put a photo on the forum thought this may be of interest, a Bricklin with a Delorean!

Mike
The similarities are scary! 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Very rare in the UK mind!

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
to me, the Bricklin looks like something that Matchbox would make - only full sized......
Guinney1971 Wrote:to me, the Bricklin looks like something that Matchbox would make - only full sized......

It doesn't quite have the same finesse and purity of form as the DeLorean, plus I think the DeLorean doors are more reliable; lots of failures re. the motorised gull wings - but I'm sure, as with a lot of the DeLorean's faults, owner enthusiasts have probably addressed issues like that.

The Bricklin was in an atmospheric 70's sci-fi horror called Demon Seed, based on the Koontz novel...skip to 2:38 on the video below....
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhx7BW5CNos[/youtube]