Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door Panel removal
I have an annoying rattle inside the door and also the key lock is lose, before I do and damage can someone please tell me the proceedure to remove the door card/panel so I can get to the inner door, thanks Stephen.
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670
Stephen,
The top section above the armrest is held on by fir tree type fastners.
They can pull out of the door card rather than out of the door. You may need a few new ones when you put the card back.

Drop the window and then look at the top edge of the card work a flat trim removal tool under the edge. Don't apply any force until you find the first fir tree. They are in a row on the top edge. Very gently prise the trim up by the fir tree a tool with a 'U' shape with one leg under each side of the fir tree is best.

Be very careful as the door card is plastic.

Once you have the card loose you will see other fir tree's lower down the card. Again ease them out. Once all the fir trees are out. The card lifts straight up as it has a couple of hooks that hold it.

BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN YOU GET INSIDE THE DOOR THE EDGES OF STAINLESS STEEL ARE VERY SHARP!

There might be plastic film that you have to peal back. Removing the top panel
should get you to the door lock . Bet the clip has broke. I don't think you can buy them if it is the early two key system.
The rattle might be the broken bit.
You might have to remove the lower section of door card to get to the bottom of the door. This is held on by screws if I remember correctly. Look out for two small screws at each end in the very bottom carpet section. Again the trim
bits need careful removal to avoid breaking plastic.
Don't follow the manual when it says about using a long screwdriver to get to the screws holding the door handle. Look down on the handle and remove the two screws holding the handle back to the door frame.

Hope this helps and again watch your hands on the stainless chap.

Regards
Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
Many thanks Nick for taking the time to detail, I will let you know how I get on Thanks again ~ Stephen
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670