Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official Back to the Future Delorean arrives in the UK
Very well done, I had been told this was coming over to the UK. Be great to see it when you get it in the country.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Congratulation on you purchase.
Please don't forget to post some pic of the car when you will be able to do it.
Thanks for the link.
Car's look in great shape!
Thanks!
bttf car Wrote:
Chris Williams Wrote:Very well done, I had been told this was coming over to the UK. Be great to see it when you get it in the country.

Chris
hi it arrives here at southampton on the 6th August just trying to find a self hire car transporter to get it back to kent any idea's do you know of any members who have one or a car and trailer who would do it for cash?
any delorean owner will be welcome to visit deal in kent as see the car when every they want, im hoping to pick up events to help my chosen charities and to fund running the car
thanks
steven
Might be worth a look on Ebay for transport, there are lots of legit (and none) who advertise on there, some are very reasonable as well.
Martin G may also chime in with whoever he uses as it's in the right area.

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
"My guy", is no lohger trading, as i discovered last week. Chris Nicholson put me in touch with his guy who is based in Ashford: Chris Huxtable (type into google, you'll soon find him).

I'm now based in Chippenham... really must edit my website!
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Hi Steven

Congrats on your purchase - I've known J and Sean through the interwebs for a few years now and watched that car come together - it's a lovely bit of kit. I've been photographing D's for a while for various people and would love a chance to shoot your new one - especially if it has all it's lighting effects intact as theres a lot of interesting stuff that could be done with long exposures at night! I'm in Watford so not far from kent, so if you're interested let me know and I'll send you my mob number and we can arrange something. You can use the photos for whatever promo stuff you'd like, I just like the practice Smile

Matt

http://www.flickr.com/photos/frinky/set ... 418179969/

[Image: 3285819094_b47569fdb3_b.jpg]

[Image: 3284731411_566178773c_b.jpg]
Well, there'll be no aggro from this forum I'm sure! Congratulations on the purchase, she looks a beauty!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
So long as you are happy then thats all that counts. Seems to be issues with the BTTF cars, but when you get loads (and loads) of people admiring it at shows then that will more than compensate for any negative comments.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Steven,

I'm not going to wade into the debate, like to owner of the 'Real' Mad Max car over here you are entitled to believe what you want and fingers crossed no ones calls your bluff, if it is one.

As has been said several times on the 'other' forum the Delorean community really is very small. Many people, such as myself, are happy to be part of both clubs. Take some friendly advice, don't cut your nose off to spite your face by taking sides when in truth no one has wronged you.

I hope you enjoy your car as much as we do ours.

Simon
VIN 17152 - The Manx 'D'
I think its awesome that a piece of BTTF history is coming to the UK, well done you
for buying it! Big Grin

I'm not on the 'other forum', so dont know what has been going on over there, but
as has been said, you'll get no grief from us, just lots of friendly advice, invites to shows
and help when needed.

We've been raising money for Parkinsons UK in the Midlands Area since June 2010 btw,
its amazing how much you can get in they way of loose change in a couple of rattle boxes! lol

Anyway, welcome to the DOC-UK, and if you can make it, we'd love to have you and your
car at our 15th Anniversary Celebrations in Derbyshire in 8 weeks time Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
hiya,

its 9-11 September, the hotel is about a mile from J28 of the M1.

Be great if you can make it - with or without your car Smile

cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
...Where is this bickering getting anyone!? :roll:

Steven has bought himself a lovely looking car, which has been turned into a replica of a very famous, and popular movie car. Fine. It's been bought, by the sounds of it, for a very noble cause, and to have a bit of fun along the way, and also to allow the people of the UK to get up close and personal with a very well replicated version of "the real thing".

He didn't do the replicating, so had no say in it being turned into a time machine replica in the first place. Now that it's been done, it might as well be enjoyed. If it brings a smile of joy to anyone, young or old, and fruitful returns for a good cause, then great, it's been worth the effort of someone doing it in the first place.

I say let it be, everyone forever hold their peace, no matter their view on it, and simply try to get along with each other. We are all part of a small community of appreciators of the same motor vehicle. Let the people on the outside of our little community be the outsiders, and the rest of us stick like glue, instead of tearing it apart from the inside. It's helping no-one, and quite frankly i'm sick fed up of hearing the stories about "this club", and "that club", or whatever. :roll: The way i see it, we are all part of the same club. :wink:

I for one, can't wait to see Steven's car, and will be, like many others i'm sure, excited to see my childhood dream car right there in front of me, and have my picture taken with it too! Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Well said Rissy, you're quite right, and as Manxmann says, we are a tiny community of owners of avery rare car, so we should all stick together :-)

Your certainly does look an awesome car Steve, and looking forward to seeing it one day!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
bttf car Wrote:
Chris Williams Wrote:So long as you are happy then thats all that counts. Seems to be issues with the BTTF cars, but when you get loads (and loads) of people admiring it at shows then that will more than compensate for any negative comments.
Chris
hi im really looking forward to taking the car out in the public eye, i just have issues when people call their cars bttf deloreans when they do not look correct and have the wrong parts on them i personally think they should just call them time machines, there can be many time machines but only correctly built using the right parts should be classed as bttf time machines its only fair to the people that take the effort to do so, not just cover it and various parts and add lots of lights which the original car didnt have
but any event you would like to see this car at just ask and i will see if its possible
thanks again for the warm welcome
steven

Just a thought ... if this car is screen accurate, where are the time circuits ??? Shock
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639