Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean News Issue 52
Pleased to say issue 52 of the DeLorean News was mailed out today, with a good tail wind and royal mail permitting should be with most by Thursday!! If any dont arrive please let me know. Huge thanks to all who contributed to this issue, some really great articles as usual.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
excellent news Chris! I'll look forward to receiving mine and taking it to Evesham with me on Friday Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thats great news Chris.

Sometimes we ( semi-) "computer literate" folk forget that about 30% of club members's only contact, is by reading the mag. These interweb thingy's are Ok for most, but not for all.

I fully appreciate the time that goes into sorting out the mag....and getting the membership dues in, to pay for it and the rest of the clubs activities, NEC etc.!!

Keep up the good work.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P Wrote:Thats great news Chris.

Sometimes we ( semi-) "computer literate" folk forget that about 30% of club members's only contact, is by reading the mag. These interweb thingy's are Ok for most, but not for all.

I fully appreciate the time that goes into sorting out the mag....and getting the membership dues in, to pay for it and the rest of the clubs activities, NEC etc.!!

Keep up the good work.

Thanks chris, but it's actually about 55% that dont use the forum, thats why the mag is so important (and popular)

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
plus you've got Club members who are forum registered, but dont go on it for whatever reason.

Phill doesnt bother now, he just asks me whats going on lol :wink:
Just received mine today, thanks!
Also, I have ordered 5 back issue on ebay a few hours ago.
Hi Domi,

It would be great to have an article for the magazine about
you and your car and some photos if you'd like to write
something and email it to Chris Smile
I will write something as soon as possible.
For now, I am pretty busy, but I will work on it :wink:
It is interesting to note that in Delorean World, Winter 2011, the magazine of the USA Delorean Owners Association, Ron Ferguson, in his President's message, states -' We also tried to use the internet. A couple of years ago we initiated the concept of Stainless News, an electronic newsletter sent to every e mail address that we had. This did not gain acceptance as we hoped, as an electronic publication discriminates against members who are not connected to the net. At best, only 30% of the membership could enjoy it.'

It is really important to keep articles rolling into Chris. It does not take long to write an article, I have just completed 2000+ words on Eurofest 2011 which took me no more that 90 mins to put together and if I can do it anybody can!!!

The latest mag is excellent and full credit to Chris Williams for pulling it all together, he has done a magnificent job.

Mike
Quote:The latest mag is excellent and full credit to Chris Williams for pulling it all together, he has done a magnificent job.
:oops: :oops:
Thanks, however it is all down to the quality of the articles that are sent in. Plus the quality of the mag layout that comes from Phil's and Andy's work in the past.

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584