Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Pump Pulley
Has anyone got a water pump pulley, the 4 bolt hole one for sale or know where i can get one thanks
tony tt
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
http://specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/ ... ystem.html

Apart from here i know of no where else

4 bolt
Clear pulley
anodized
aluminum.

$75.00 Alone
Tourettes Tony Wrote:Has anyone got a water pump pulley, the 4 bolt hole one for sale or know where i can get one thanks
tony tt

Have you tried talking nicely to Mr Monk? Big Grin I would if I were you :wink:
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
Told you that you'd end up paying more for the pump AND pulley, than the proper pump in the first place. All for the sake of "saving" a few quid. Amazing.

Jason originally took the pattern from Rich J's, which in turn came from Darryl Tinnestet many moons ago. Toby still does them. Jason's pattern does not include the 4 holes which need to be drilled very accurately.

http://delorean-parts.com/Merchant2/mer ... e=102143DP

I have a brand new press-fit pump in my loft which -I- purchased from ebay about 6 months ago. You can have it for what I paid for it which was £45
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
You can get them off of eBay cheaply
hello.

I hunted around for about 3 weeks trying to find a local place that did a bolt on pulley. Couldn't find one.

ended up going to delorean-parts.com

nice piece of kit.

watch out for import duty Shock (about 11 quid). :lol:

Dave. :wink:
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Thanks for the info i spoke to Jay today and the settings are still in the cnc machine for the pulleys, although i need some other bits so i may just get it from the states Cheers TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
[quote="stunned_monkey"]Told you that you'd end up paying more for the pump AND pulley, than the proper pump in the first place. All for the sake of "saving" a few quid. Amazing.

I dont remember you telling me that martin,and its not for saving money i have spent in excess of 5k restoring my car so its not the money.The pump i got was £35 and the pulley is £5 so cheaper than yours and i dont need to run about finding a press to get off the pully so dont make me out to be a tight arse and no PM im not interested Tony
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
same here. I got a pump off ebay for 20 notes, plus the bolt on aluminium pulley for about 50 - worked out less including the import duty, etc, etc....
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
yeah me too. i decided on the 4 bolt one as it can be easily transferred too.

NickT.
stunned_monkey Wrote:Jason's pattern does not include the 4 holes which need to be drilled very accurately.

Its not that hard, they come with the central hole that locates the pulley. I just put the pulley on backwards, marked the holes from the pump side and then drilled them...worked a treat :lol: Some nice stainless allen head bolts and Roberts your fathers brother Big Grin

And all less that £50
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
The pulleys Jay made all tha time ago, which included Spratty's, were made from a pattern taken from Rich J's pulley and made from a lump of billet that Rich "liberated" from his machine shop at work, and really quite valuable. Dave and I got several pulleys for putting the little "deal" together. Jay may well still have the pattern but I think he'd still want some billet to make them from. At that time we were interested in the bolt-ons because a source of press-fit pumps wasn't known. Dave and I finally traced them with Renault but they've now run out, so the late 70's Volvo one does the job (the one with the longer shaft). You can get the old pulley off with an M10 bolt and a big hammer, and you can press them on using a bolt and a socket. You don't need a press.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk