Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wingray
Down one end of my road is Wingray Autos in Woolton Liverpool. Is this the infamous Wingrays you DeLorean owners talk of? I've never seen a DeLorean around here though!
Aspiring DeLorean owner
That's a name I haven't heard of for a while! Long since abandoned as an "official" DeLorean service facility or parts supplier.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
that is a blast from the past - Martin, didnt they end up being summat to do
with Carcoon?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
They pre-date even Carcoon who took a load of parts after Wingray jacked it in. Ed's now got them.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
christ,

Wingray thats just 10 miles from where i live and my girl could do with a service (Delorean not girlfriend) ;-)

hmmmmm
Mike Dargan
VIN #2311
DOC 697
Mrdashbo Wrote:my girl could do with a service (Delorean not girlfriend) ;-)

hmmmmm

PMSL Mike!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I used to live down the road from Wingray back in the 1970-1990 era, and I saw a DMC there only once, it was parked up in the entrance-must have been 1987 ish. A friend of mine bought a very dodgy Sierra mk 1 from there, which went back many times to have its front wings repaired then replaced (he was offered a Sierra ex-taxi with a brand new speedo/milometer also-very dodgy). I think sechand car sales are still there but any relation to DMC is long gone. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
bjbrownie Wrote:I used to live down the road from Wingray back in the 1970-1990 era, and I saw a DMC there only once, it was parked up in the entrance-must have been 1987 ish. A friend of mine bought a very dodgy Sierra mk 1 from there, which went back many times to have its front wings repaired then replaced (he was offered a Sierra ex-taxi with a brand new speedo/milometer also-very dodgy). I think sechand car sales are still there but any relation to DMC is long gone. 8)

They do still sell cars and I think they have a good reputation. I'll tell you what though they ain't cheap! I remember he used to have 4/5yo Ford Kas on there for £5000 when you could get a new one on the internet for about that!
Aspiring DeLorean owner
Wasnt there a puppet tv series in the 1960s about Wingray? I remember the tune: Wingray, Wingray,da da da, Wingray! Dont think there were any cars in it tho'! 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
bjbrownie Wrote:Wasnt there a puppet tv series in the 1960s about Wingray? I remember the tune: Wingray, Wingray,da da da, Wingray! Dont think there were any cars in it tho'! 8)

I knew it! ...Now we ALL know we were tempted, but we all resisted the urge, but there's ALWAYS one! ....Isn't there!?

Well, since its degraded to that level already....

MMmmmaaaaaaarrinaaaaa (Morris?), Aqua Marina,
What are these strange enchantments that start
whenever you’re near?

(Everybody now!)

MMmmmaaaaaaarrinaaaaa (Morris), Aqua Marina,
Why can’t you whisper the words that my heart
is longing to hear?

You're magic to me,
A beautiful mystery.
I’m certain to fall I know,
Because you enthrall me so.

(One last time!)

MMmmmaaaaaaarrinaaaaa (Morris?), Aqua Marina,
Why don’t you say,
That you’ll always stay,
Close to my heart

Now that we've all got it off our chests.....where were we?...

...Unbelievable. :roll: :wink:
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
I'm Cortina trap....
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
All hail to Troy and the boys, now wheres the serious information about Wingray? Did anyone ever buy DMC parts from there? 8)