Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good DMC article found on another site :-)
just found this whilst browsing Austin Rover Online (dont ask, but I might be
buying another car this week :wink: )

Chris Williams, Chris Parnham, and Octane magazine are credited - great
read, well done guys!

http://www.aronline.co.uk/index.htm?avonaccf.htm
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Strangely enough someone pointed out that my car is fetured in this calendar for next year:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2011-RETRO-CARS-C ... 3cb0ccf3bb
A really good 12x12" picture that was also used for the Octane shoot.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I found:

During the previous year, BL ceased car production at its Solihull factory, killing off the Triumph TR7/TR8 in the process. Wills and Bennington approached BL with the idea of purchasing the tooling and the rights for the sports car, and building DMC-badged TR7/TR8s in the huge and under-utilized factory in Northern Ireland. On July 29th, Austin-Rover's Chairman, Harold Musgrove, and BL's commercial director, Mark Snowdon informed the pair that they could have the rights and tooling for a 'commercially realistic' price, as long as the car they produced didn't too closely resemble the TR7/TR8.

and:

Interesting article, the bit about the TR7/8 link is new to me. Would like to know more about that
Was this review helpful? [yes] [no] (Score: 0 by 0)
David Knowles
06 July 2009
[reply] [delete]If you'd like to read more about the TR7 De Lorean connection, you might be interested in my book, Triumph TR7 The Untold Story.
Andrew
19 June 2009
[reply] [delete]Short Brothers took over the site.
Andrew Elphick
19 June 2009
[reply] [delete]Superb! We need more info on the Musgrove sell off of the TR7/8 tooling - may a Douvrin V6 powered wedge have appeared?

Keep it coming!
Lord Sward
21 June 2009
[reply] [delete]Now theres a thought! A TR7/8 powered by the Douvrin V6. It sounds ideal, not the weak Triumph 4 and the (for some)overkill V8
Steve Lee
15 September 2009
[reply] [delete]Well the Douvrin V6 made 8 bhp more than the carburetted Rover V8, so if the V8 is an overkill then isn't the V6 more so? However the Douvrin V6 weighed considerably more - what's the point? The best engine to put in the TR series would have been a softly tuned version of the Metro 6R4's engine, being a shaved down Rover V8 block it would have dropped straight in and weighed even less - perfect.

very interesting reading - so, would a small Rover V8 therefore fit in the DeLorean's
engine bay? :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie