Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat belt light and buzzer
I've read, and spoke to Dave about the fact my seatbelt light doesn't work and the buzzer doesn't go off when I get in the car and don't put my seatbelt on. You know how these things are it really annoys me that it doesn't work!

Dave said it is somewhere in the middle of the dashboard underneath, but someone else told me it's under the dash but above the steering column. I've looked in both places and can't seem to find it.

So I suppose my question really is what does it look like and is it a box, a wire, a something else?

A pic of the is elusive connection would be great or an idiots diagram of how to find the little bugger.

Mike
Mike Dargan
VIN #2311
DOC 697
Mrdashbo Wrote:... it really annoys me that it doesn't work!

...on most cars it doesn't work because people find it really annoying.

It's mounted directly above the steering column on the same plate that houses the indicator flasher (makes the clicking noise) and intermittent wiper control box. Chances are simply that it has been unplugged.

The buzzer box is almost entirely pointless - it doesn't tell you anything useful like leaving your lights on...
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Quote:The buzzer box is almost entirely pointless

I think I'd go as far as to say it is entirely pointless :lol:

It buzzes when I start the car to tell me what? That I started the engine?

That I should put my seatbelt on? - it does that even when I have my seat belt on.

It even turns the seatbelt warning light off after two or three seconds and it does that even if I'm not wearing my seatbelt!

Plus they've used the cheapest, nastiest, GCSE electronics project, wasp-in-a-tin-can buzzer they could find.

Trust me you'll be unplugging it after two or three trips, unless you're extremely tolerant of very annoying noises.

Does that sound like a rant? Sorry, it wasn't meant to Mr Green
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
It also buzzes - continually - when you've left the key in the ignition and opened a door.

Unless it decides not to.

Until after midnight when it decides to strike up again.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
lol
Cheers
Martyn Reed
D.O.C#491
EX Vin# 6064
Ah haa found the plate that it should be attached to and the buzzer was missing!!! Not too worried about it but I do have the bug to get the seatbelt light working. Does the buzzer form part of the light circuit?

I suppose what I'm asking is can this light to work without the buzzer

Mike
Mike Dargan
VIN #2311
DOC 697
Mike,

I started a thread a bit like this one, several months ago.

I have my buzzer module, but as Martin suggests, mine too had also been disconnected. I plugged mine back in and......... nothing!?

I wanted to ultimately get my dash light working also. If you find a solution to this one, if you could let me know also....that would be great. I'm not so bothered about the buzzer aspect, but the light would be nice.

I think i might have dodgy wiring to worry about for this circuit too, or at least a dodgy switch in the seatbelt clasp (where your seat belt clicks into) or module issue which i will also have to figure out myself.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Chris, your module did work the last time I had it plugged in!

Yes, the seatbelt light is controlled by the module.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
Actually, i do think the module was working, but not correctly. If i remember (without referring to the previous thread imade comments on) correctly, the buzzer always sounded. It never turned off. It didn't seem to recognise the seat belt clasp being clicked into place, and i also believed the buzzer was supposed to time-out after a short time, and be replaced with the warning light on the dash in its place, but this never happened either. It simply went on...and on....and on....and on.....it drove me nuts! lol! I can't remember the state of the ignition key through, but remember having it in different positions for testing, but gave up in the end. Still never saw the dash light come on throughout either.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Aha! Now you say that it does ring a bell (or buzzer). It buzzes and never shuts up... *strokes chin* I remember now...
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
Just to add to the mix, my seatbelt light works but the buzzer doesn't....
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Rich Hanlon Wrote:Just to add to the mix, my seatbelt light works but the buzzer doesn't....

I'll do you a swap! :wink: lol!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):