Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TORRIX SWITCH
Ok,

so motivated by the lack of funds at the moment (due to the Delorean purchase) i decided to take apart the broken switch and see whats up.

there seems to be nothing broken after all but a strange piece of metal floating around inside. not sure how it connects together. if i can fox it i save myself £80.

i have attached a picture, if anyone has attempted this before advice would be my saviour.

Mike
VIN 0814
Mike Dargan
VIN #2311
DOC 697
You should also have a circular bar - if that's missing, you can't fix it.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Martin,

Where does the bar go? I have some stock brass bar that
I can use as a replacement.

Mike
Mike Dargan
VIN #2311
DOC 697
Honestly it's not easy to describe, but through the two "hooks" on the loose piece and clip into the clips in the cap - from memory it's not a simple cylinder
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Any chance you could take a photo of your switch with
The cap off just so I can eyeball it.

Mike
Mike Dargan
VIN #2311
DOC 697
They don't tend to stay in one piece if you take the top off which is the problem.
If you get the part of the switch which you put your finger on upside down,in the centre of
that on either side are two little grooves and the brass cylinder needs to lay length ways
in the grooves other wise it will fall apart.
Cheers
Martyn Reed
D.O.C#491
EX Vin# 6064
PMSL....

I don't mean to laugh, but i've been here.

It's like a rubiks cube, so simple yet so hard.

You do need all the parts, then it can be repaired....... But if it's that demister switch, already sent you a link on your parts post...

Ben
Finally got my defroster switch sorted. Went to see Dave Howarth today. As he is only an hour from me. Spent the afternoon with him chatting about parts and stuff. What a genuinely lovely guy! Bought a switch and washer bottle pump from him a real good day.

Mike
Mike Dargan
VIN #2311
DOC 697