Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean bulbs - Brake, tail and headlights
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, just bought my Delorean black interior, manual and I love it!

But my right brake light bulb popped today. Can anyone tell me where I can find replacement bulbs.

Sorry if this is a totally lame question.

Mike
VIN # 0814
Mike Dargan
VIN #2311
DOC 697
Hi Mike

I'm pretty sure all of the tail lights are standard sizes that iyou can pick up at any motorfactor. As for headlights, The club has a stock of valeo replacements and Dave Howarth has a stock of new brighter bulbs on hand.

Where abouts are you based Mike?
Im in Cheshire... thanks for the info.

Mike
VIN #0814
Mike Dargan
VIN #2311
DOC 697
All taillights are boggo single filament jobbies available everywhere including petrol stations. Are you sure it's the bulb and not a dodgy connection - this is really common.

Headlights IF they're UK spec and have been correctly re-wired will use standard H4's

In regards to "brighter" headlight bulbs, there's basically no such thing unless you go higher power, and you certainly shouldn't do that in a DeLorean (and they aren't legal). Stock 55/60W bulbs draw 20A on high beam. Any more and you'll be popping fuses all the time.

DeLorean headlights can actually be fantastically effective - just make sure they're all aligned properly and aren't all shining on the same spot 12 feet in front of the car Mr Green
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Thank a lot for the tips.

I've replaced the brake light and it's now working fine, just noticed on the same side the back light is dimmer than the right side, is this likely to be a connection issue or bulb on it's way out.

Mike
Mike Dargan
VIN #2311
DOC 697
"back light" :?:
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
The rear tail light
Mike Dargan
VIN #2311
DOC 697
Probably a bulb turned "black"..... change the dim one for a new one, and they should both be the same level of light..... If not check the earths on the tail light circuit boards and clean all connections......

Should solve your problems!

Ben
Hey guys so here's the story..

i was helping my friend out checking his tail light and other things on the back of his DeLore then it just turned bright all of a sudden and as i was seeing it the tail light lens started to sag (like melting) so i a screaming to shut the car off and take his foot off the brake the damage is not that visible from afar and i was asking what did he installed or do? (He is planning to convert it like the one on the Back to the Future movie) is the lens hard to find?
Which side has melted?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P Wrote:Which side has melted?

currently the right side. we are still checking the other lenses if they had a problem.

love your profile pic btw. Big Grin
ptrsnmarc Wrote:Hey guys so here's the story..

i was helping my friend out checking his tail light and other things on the back of his DeLore then it just turned bright all of a sudden and as i was seeing it the tail light lens started to sag (like melting) so i a screaming to shut the car off and take his foot off the brake the damage is not that visible from afar and i was asking what did he installed or do? (He is planning to convert it like the one on the Back to the Future movie) is the lens hard to find?

ok been sorted out, and have acquired some extra lens (whew). we are surgically replacing the said lens on the right side the left side looks ok when we inspected it also been searching for some neon lights or led light since my bud is going for the conversion. Smile