Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hand Held Mobile Phones in Cars....
glenhale Wrote:let me know if anyone wants car kits as thats what i do for a job also fitting sat nav equipemnt to cars and trucks ckw-7 are to me about £60.00 which includes the cradle for most phones if not go for a berry thb which you can get a bracket for every phone

Including an Orange SPV600??
yes mike evan your spv600 goto www.neatcom.co.uk
I too can't be bothered to change my phone either. I go into a phone shop and they say it does this that and turns round and floats and plays games and music and. GO AWAY! Now you stupid little man. Can i make phone calls on it. Eh i think so let me go and check. Image of me disappearing from shop. A few of you know of my last experience of a new phone if you were sat near me at the AGM. I took it back a week later and told them it was crap.
I don't know about anyone else but you know when someone takes a photo of your car with their phone it somehow cheapens the whole thing. My brother asked me to take a photo of a Ferrari Enzo at a petrol station in France last year, with his phone. Absolutely not. I wouldn't insulte the man and his machine by capturing an image of something so beautiful on something as throw away as a phone. I would never deny anyone taking a picture of my car on whatever they want but for me it's just not my paticular brand of Vodka if you know what i mean.
I think if a camera on a phone is such an important selling point why not make a really good camera with a built in phone. A phone is a phone and a camera is a camera as far as i'm concerned.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
Dan Howarth Wrote:I too can't be bothered to change my phone either. I go into a phone shop and they say it does this that and turns round and floats and plays games and music and. GO AWAY! Now you stupid little man. Can i make phone calls on it. Eh i think so let me go and check. Image of me disappearing from shop. A few of you know of my last experience of a new phone if you were sat near me at the AGM. I took it back a week later and told them it was crap.
I don't know about anyone else but you know when someone takes a photo of your car with their phone it somehow cheapens the whole thing. My brother asked me to take a photo of a Ferrari Enzo at a petrol station in France last year, with his phone. Absolutely not. I wouldn't insulte the man and his machine by capturing an image of something so beautiful on something as throw away as a phone. I would never deny anyone taking a picture of my car on whatever they want but for me it's just not my paticular brand of Vodka if you know what i mean.
I think if a camera on a phone is such an important selling point why not make a really good camera with a built in phone. A phone is a phone and a camera is a camera as far as i'm concerned.

Intergration of as many things into one is the big trend all the time Dan.

Fridge + Freezer;
Stove + Oven;
Fax + Scanner + Printer + PhotoCopier;
Phone + Calculator + PDA + Camera + Camcorder........
Washing machine + Drying machine......etc

It's just a way that proves that technology is moving on... think of it as a thing that saves the environment:

People now only need one equipment that does what in the older days takes at least 4 equipments (e.g. Camera, Phone, Walkman, PDA)

Fewer equipments means fewer raw materials needed (metal, oil - plastic), also fewer energy to produce the product, fewer machineries in the factories, fewer energy to power the products....etc It all adds up at the end of the day.

BTW, camera phones aren't at all that bad. The Nokia N series or above have Carl Zeiss lens, and photo quality are moving near a decent digital camera. Wait until you see the next generation of the Nokia phones which promises 5m pixels and that's the time when camera manufacturers like Canon and Nikon starts to think of doing projects for the extreme camera phones.

[Image: 20051114-nokia-n90-kamera.jpg]

P.S. Sony Ericsson's K800i was also the first camera phone to be added to the Cybershot series... due to the facts that the photo quality has reach the state that Sony accepts it to be added to the family of Cybershot. (Cybershot is a series of digital cameras Sony offers)

[Image: 17271113_o.jpg]

If I were to be picky, I would prefer people to take photos of my car with their decent camera phones, then with a "Boots" single use camera (though it's purpose built for photos)....

Anyway, it's only my 2p, I am NOT writing to be against you Dan Smile
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
nah!.... this is the phone you want..... :lol:

[Image: indexhero20070109.jpg]
bozzzydmc Wrote:nah!.... this is the phone you want..... :lol:

The spec of iPhone is not worth for its price, by the time it's on sale other brands would probably have higher spec phones to compete.... though a lot of people would buy it purely for the sake of the brand name: Apple.

Though, I must say, I LOVE the iPhone's touchscreen and the scrolling effect!

Let's see how it turns out Tongue I could end up buying one :lol:
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

Yes phones are getting more and more technical they are more like computers these days... apparently rumours are that the new iphone will have a clever feature where you can actually ring another telephone... with no wires or nothing !

What will they think of next .... Smile Smile
bozzzydmc Wrote:Yes phones are getting more and more technical they are more like computers these days... apparently rumours are that the new iphone will have a clever feature where you can actually ring another telephone... with no wires or nothing !

What will they think of next .... Smile Smile

Microwave oven + Camera Phone.... :lol:

Mobile cooking unit!
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

bozzzydmc Wrote:nah!.... this is the phone you want..... :lol:

[Image: indexhero20070109.jpg]

that don`t look like a phone ,it looks like a remote control but looks fun to play with, i like my toys,oh and it`s not what your thinking :lol:
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
Outatime Wrote:
bozzzydmc Wrote:What will they think of next .... Smile Smile

Microwave oven + Camera Phone.... :lol:

Mobile cooking unit!

Come on John keep up ! Smile :lol:

http://tinyurl.com/23rmga
bozzzydmc Wrote:Come on John keep up ! Smile

http://tinyurl.com/23rmga

Damn! I am so outdated! :oops:
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

bozzzydmc Wrote:
glenhale Wrote:let me know if anyone wants car kits as thats what i do for a job also fitting sat nav equipemnt to cars and trucks ckw-7 are to me about £60.00 which includes the cradle for most phones if not go for a berry thb which you can get a bracket for every phone

Including an Orange SPV600??

yes i have both and they both work

nickt
Hi John. I once had a look at one of those Nokia video phone things that you have to fold round and twist. What a floppy load of rubbish. I'm sorry but in my job i need a rugged phone cause i'm rugged kinda guy. Now where did i put that old 1980's house brick of a phone 8) Big Grin
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
I had a nokie 330 for work, dropped it on site loads of times and it still bounced.

I also mis placed the phone in the house so i rang it using the mrs' phone

I saw the number keypad light flashing in the washing machine as the clothes were being washed. Doh ! It still worked !

I use a Nokia N70 now for work and it has an OK 2m camera but more importantly mobile broadband for my laptop and tom tom mobile 5.

NickT

ps all I need now are friends to call :lol:
Dan Howarth Wrote:Hi John. I once had a look at one of those Nokia video phone things that you have to fold round and twist. What a floppy load of rubbish. I'm sorry but in my job i need a rugged phone cause i'm rugged kinda guy. Now where did i put that old 1980's house brick of a phone 8) Big Grin

Now I see why you don't like the phones which I like :lol:

A friend of mine is just like you, so since I did Duke of Edinburgh Award with him few years ago... he has always been using "hardcore" Nokia series mobiles.

This will suits you:
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-5100-en.shtml
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]