[Image: signature.jpg]
Outatime Wrote:
NickT Wrote:NickT

ps all I need now are friends to call :lol:

Same here then :roll:

Can I call you Nick? :wink: Big Grin

No. :lol:
glenhale Wrote:yes mike evan your spv600 goto www.neatcom.co.uk

Go on where on the site are they for my phone cant for the life of me see it anywhere Smile
sorry to raise this one again, but as I'm sure most of you know today saw the increase in the penalty for using a 'hand held phone' whilst driving increased from £30 to £60 and 3 points.

I dont know how many of you listen to Radio 2, but Jeremy Vine was discussing this on his phone in show at lunchtime. We were incredulous, at the pompous git who they interviewed at a service station, who said he regularly uses his mobile phone whilst doing 100mph on the motorways. He said he had been driving for 42 years and never had an accident, and said that he drove a Volvo which "is a large safe car". He did not consider himself to be a hazard to other road users, and said that he would continue to use his hand held telephone if he thought there was a good chance he wouldnt be caught. I wonder how he will control nearly 2 tonnes of Swedish breeze block if it has a blow out at 100mph while he's concentrating on a phone call?

I wonder if the Police spoke to the BBC after this programme to get his details? The guy has admitted on national radio in front of millions of listeners to doing 100mph on the motorway (which normally constitutes a ban) - what an idiot! Shock

Personally, I think the Police are gonna have a hard job enforcing this, as even when we nipped out to the shops today, I saw several driver's with phones to their ears..... :roll:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:He said he had been driving for 42 years and never had an accident, and said that he drove a Volvo which "is a large safe car".

Wasnt me...honest, lol
DOC 527
Vin #10264
i agree with this one. the amount of times where someone is weaving across the road due to their yabbering really hacks me off. I say increase the fine to £500 and drop the proposed road charging.

Just my 2 pence
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
I guess this will also apply to cameras on phones - lets face it, who here hasnt had a camera phone pointing at them on the motorway when out in their D? I've lost count of the number of times I've been passed on the motorway and the driver is videoing/taking a photo of my car whilst attempting to drive at over 70mph. :evil:

They're a danger really - even if its the passenger pointing the phone out of the window, because most of the time they are directing the driver, and having zoomed up behind you, they then draw alongside, running level filming, then get infront of you, slow down, and film out the back of the car.

My latest retort has been to point my phone at them, but obviously I'll get done now if I'm caught doing that :roll:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
to be honest i cannot wait till that happens to me, lol but on a serious note it is dangerous and i think fines should be scaled to salery, £60 is a fair bit to someone who works for peanuts, but for people on 20+k a year its not really that much..
DOC 527
Vin #10264
they`ll be fineing you for changing the cd next or smoking or fiddling with your tom tom or for snezzeing that`s 10 sec`s your eye`s are off the road for doh :wink:
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
I agree with Chris myself. The fine should be loadsamoney. £1000 regardless of what you get paid. You shouldn,t be using it. END of story. Doesn't matter what you earn. If you can't do the time don't do the crime simple. I find that people who use their phone whilst driving are usually the ones with lots of money anyway so hit em where it hurts thats wht i say. Points don't do anything to dicourage these idiots. Taking money off them does though. I think in the end they will give out points like petrol tokens and there will be no one left with a driving licence so where will they get thier road tax and fuel duty and fines money from then eh. And with more people giving up smoking. Income tax will be 70p in the pound thats where they'll get it from and then who's gonna moan. Everyone who does'nt drink smoke and drive . Happy days Big Grin
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor