Ditto Big Grin
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Happy Birthday James, Have a great one!
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Thanks all,

I've just got back from a supprise trip to the New Forrest and amongst other things a look around the Beaulieu Motor Museum which was interesting.

Needless to say we took the DeLorean with us and it all went well.

Just spoke to Dave H about getting my steering rack refurbed as it is pretty awfull and I have some birthday money allocated to that little task.

Hope you all have a good time at Chirk

James RG
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Hi James, is the De with the 'spray painted' decals still at Beaulieu?

Glad you had a good time, and good news about the birthday money Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Guinney1971 Wrote:Hi James, is the De with the 'spray painted' decals still at Beaulieu?

Glad you had a good time, and good news about the birthday money Big Grin

No I was a little dissapointed in the Beaulieu motor museum, I found it a little un organised, the only DeLorean there was a BTTF mock up which was an automatic, so even that was a little dissapointing. I was really in search of a Bricklin, I know there is one at the Haynes Museum a little further west from Beaulieu but maybe next time.

As for the dosh, spending it on all new shocks (now fitted), new window motors and refub steering rack (I'm sending the rack to Dave H hopefuly next week) can't wait to have that done and a 4 wheel alignment as at the moment it's pretty grim to drive.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
I think the car at Beaulieu now is the one that Glen used to drive - could be wrong, but this is what I've heard.

I went to the Haynes museum a few years ago - that IS a good museum, the 'Red Room' is summat else Big Grin I dont remember seeing a Bricklin there, but they did have a DeLorean which is on loan from the owner's freinds in the US, reg number '2MAGUS' - got pics somewhere.
Guinney1971 Wrote:I think the car at Beaulieu now is the one that Glen used to drive - could be wrong, but this is what I've heard.

I went to the Haynes museum a few years ago - that IS a good museum, the 'Red Room' is summat else Big Grin I dont remember seeing a Bricklin there, but they did have a DeLorean which is on loan from the owner's freinds in the US, reg number '2MAGUS' - got pics somewhere.

Yeah I beleive it is the one Glen used to drive, to be fair it's a pretty good example apart from the auto gear box although most probably wouldn't pick up on that.

The DeLorean with the odd lower side stripe is not at the museum any more, well I didn't see it anyway, Interestingly it is shown on the brochure you get when you go through the door. The registration in the magazine is PMR 875 which seems a bit odd, not sure where it resides now.

The chap at Beaulieu said that many of the cars are privatly owned and owners sometimes want them back or there is a death in the family and the car is taken to be sold etc...

I phoned the Haynes Musem and they do have a Bricklin SV1 in red on dislay, perhaps it's in the red room? or maybe they hide it away lol. I must have one to park next to the DMC one day, not because it's a good car (far from it) but like the DMC I just love the story behind it.

I'll try to get to Haynes later his year.

J

p.s. when I called the Haynes Museum the 1st time I chose the wrong option and got a recorded message about buying a dream car ride for fathers day, there were several vehicles to chose from including a ferrari & a DeLorean, it's amazing that there apears to be as much interest in traveling in a DeLorean as there is in cars 20X the price!
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
well, its such an icon of the 80's Big Grin You've only got to see the reaction they get on the road and at shows, they dont need a 6 figure price tag :wink:

If you're thinking of getting to Haynes (nr Yeovil for anyone who doesnt know) later this year, fancy making a meet up of it? Its a really good day out, and I'd love to see a Bricklin up close (and drool over the Dusenberg again Smile )

As for PMR875, this is the info held by the DVLA:

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for PMR 875 are:

Date of Liability 01 04 1992
Date of First Registration 06 07 1990
Year of Manufacture 1982
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2849CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour SILVER
Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £112.75
12 Months Rate £205.00

Basically, the tax expired on 31st March 1992, and its never been licenced since. What a waste.... Sad