Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some early pics of Maddie (5641)
Hi all,

I've been doing some... spring cleaning (well, it's that time of year) and I came across some pics of Maddie when she'd spent some time with the fab Chris N. Hopefully they're a cool look at just how much work went in to that car, her restoration and Chris's talents.

They're on my flikr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/willisit/4 ... 809665433/

There are some more pics coming of my very first seat in a DeLorean - and it was RHD Wink
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Cool pics mate, some work involved in stripping the paint off.

I am really not a fan of the euro rear lights on some of those cars. Am I right in thinking they werent Wooler hodec parts, but were fitted afterwards?
Vin #4087
I'm sure that Chris or someone else knows the exact reason for those rear lights - I know it's mainly due to things like Fog lights being required and some trailer/caravan/truck lights were 'off-the-shelf' and fitted for testing. I doubt they'd have been there if it'd have ever been a production reality.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

dmc4087 Wrote:Am I right in thinking they werent Wooler hodec parts, but were fitted afterwards?

As far as I know, none of the RHD cars left Wooler-Hodec with the Rubbolite (a.k.a "Euro") tail lights. They had US-spec lights and no rear number plate bezels, as these were fitted at the QACs once the cars reached the 'states.

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo