Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pube is up for sale!
Hi all,

yes yes yes, I know its not a DeLorean (it is silver tho!) :lol:

Phill and I are selling the Probe as its no longer needed:

1996 'N' 2.0i 16v manual, nice spec for age, including power steering, electric sunroof, pop up headlights, AIWA Radio Cassette and 6 CD Changer, central locking, factory immobiliser, electric windows and mirrors, alloy wheels, split/folding rear seats, front 'driving lights', and rear wash/wipe.

It has an MOT till September 2007 and Taxed till end of May 2007. Full stamped up service history (due a service now though). We've put about 5000 miles on the car, and in that time have done the following to it:

2 new tyres (fitted yesterday), new front brake pads (fitted last weekend), new battery (today), replaced orginal spotlights for modern ones, replaced centre exhaust section (blowing when we bought it) and replaced the original tailgate gas struts as they were weak when we got the car.

The car has just turned 69,000 miles and has had just 2 previous owners (last one was a Doctor who had the car for over 8 years!). In excellent condition throughout for a 10-11 year old car. It is great fun to drive and very economical, averaging 35mpg and over 40mpg on a long run.

It has the reliable 'Duratec' 16v 115bhp engine (unlike the 24v V6 unit that is renowned for getting through head gaskets...)

We're looking for offers in the region of £1100, as thats basically what it owes us. The car will also be valeted inside and out before sale.

Photo attached, more can be sent on request/viewing arranged if anyone is interested. PM Phill Wright for more info. And on the pic of the front of the car, I'd not shut the bonnet properly :roll: Also, we noticed the Probe's headlights are exactly the same shape as a DeLoreans...... Smile

[Image: probe.jpg]

Cheers,

Claire & Phill
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Good luck with the sale Claire... it looks like a nice car for the money!!! Can't say it didn't catch my eye!!!

All the best!!!!
pm sent :o
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Grabbed a few mins while it wasn't raining this morning to take a few more pics.
Here's some web links to engine/interior pics - car hasn't been valeted yet. I also put a brand new battery on her this morning as well!

http://www.fab1.net/probe/probe-engine1.jpg
http://www.fab1.net/probe/probe-engine2.jpg
http://www.fab1.net/probe/probe-interior1.jpg
http://www.fab1.net/probe/probe-interior2.jpg
http://www.fab1.net/probe/probe-interior3.jpg

Cheers

Phill & Claire
Phill Wright
Vin #6772 'Sorbet'
Avantime 'M4TRA'
Sera 'Tarts Handbag'
95 1.7TD Cavalier 'Mazzie' BIO VXL. Run on 100% Veg oil ... :-)
'NUKE', the very last Cavalier made! rescued from a scrap dealer and now restored.
DOC 233
[Image: sorbet1.jpg][Image: dmcspin.gif][Image: sorbet2.jpg]
Dear all,

we are pleased to report that the Pube is now sold and the new owner is collecting her this weekend Smile

Many thanks to everyone who contacted us expressing an interest in the car.

Cheers,

Claire & Phill
Go on, you need another D to fill the space don't you :wink:
NickT Wrote:Go on, you need another D to fill the space don't you :wink:

hahaha, the Pube was only ever a temporary motor, its served its purpose, now its time to move it on.

Much as I'd love another car to play with (came very close to getting a cheap Mark 2 Cav Convertible and a mint Mk1 Astra last week), I think we've got enough with my three and Phill's fleet. I've got loads of jobs to do on Rapey and Flopsy, thankfully Phill has been able to fix Guinney for me and fit all the bits I wanted off the scrap car.

Anyway, its been nearly 4 weeks since the accident, so I'm gonna have a go at driving again this weekend, to see if my shoulder is up to it yet or not.........
got her home this afternoon, my dad loves driving it, and then the mondeo packed up just now, Good job were not short on cars, lol
DOC 527
Vin #10264
MikeH Wrote:got her home this afternoon, my dad loves driving it, and then the mondeo packed up just now, Good job were not short on cars, lol

haha, glad you got home ok Smile

So, with a dead Mondeo, does that mean you'll be lumbered with the Volvo for a bit longer then you'd hoped? :roll:

Enjoy the car mate (when you get the chance!) Smile

Cheers,

Claire & Phill
Well the rac came out and said it was flooded, even tho it had been sitting for about 4+hrs and started then cut out..

Anyhoo must try and sell the volvo next week, just itching to drive it, Put the delorean stickers in the probe ready and everything.

Also i have 4 spare alloys from an old car and the tyres are the same, how neat is that, lol

Mike
DOC 527
Vin #10264