Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for former DMCL-employees for DeLorean-Book
Hello everyone,

first of all: Please excuse my amateurish knowledge in English langauge, but I hope I get across with my request to you. :wink:
This Michael Schäfer from Germany. I'm a motoring-historian and about to start the research-work on my new project: The most comprehensive book about DeLorean - the man, the car and the company. Regarding that, I'd like to ask you all for help: I'd like to get in touch with former DMCL-employees as my book will give all people, who were involved in DeLorean’s history, a platform to tell their story: The engineers, the mangers and all workpeople in the car-manufactury. So I’m looking for everyone to give me their report form their time with DMCL. Tell me about your hopes and fears, the best and the worst memories and the meaning of DeLorean then and today.

To illustrate your memories, I’m very welcome any DMCL-regarded picture! (Photos showing you - with the DMC-overall, at your work at DMCL, in front of the DMCL-company, standing on a DMC-12. Pictures you’ve taken in- and outside the DMCL-company ... and so on.) If you send me a picture by mail, I’ll scan it as quick as possible and send it right back to you - promised! Here is my post-address:

Michael Schäfer
Weststrasse 3
D-69514 Laudenbach
G E R M A N Y

If you prefer to send it by email (info@chilterngreen.de), please choose 300dpi for the scanning-process for best print-quality. Of course all contributors will find afterwards his/her name as great supporter in the acknowledgement of my book!

Many, many thanks to you all for your help and support - let’s make together the best book on DeLorean ever! :wink:
For more informations, please follow the DMC-logo on my website http://www.chilterngreen.de.

Many thanks in advance and kind regards from Germany

Michael Schäfer Big Grin
Weststraße 3
D-69514 Laudenbach
G E R M A N Y
Tel.: ++49-6201-980989
Mail: info@chilterngreen.de
Web: http://www.chilterngreen.de
Hi Michael, and welcome to the DeLorean Owners Club UK! Big Grin

We have a club member and former employee, in the form of Neal Barclay who is always
happy to talk about his time with DMCL, and has a wealth of memorabilia.

You are also very welcome to come to our summer event in June which is being held on the
English/Welsh borders in Shropshire - we have a guest speaker coming, who worked for DMCL
at the time, and has a huge collection of interesting technical memorabilia, and he will be
giving us a talk about his time working for DeLorean. He is happy to answer questions from
people.

Full details are in our events page in this forum.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi Claire,

thank you very much for your quick reply! Big Grin

Unfortunately I'll not find my way to England in June, as I'll come to Britian around the second half of August for research work. But I wish you all the luck and great weather for your summer event.

But thanks a lot for the information about Neal Barcley. Does he also visiting the forum to get in contact with him? Otherwise I would be only to happy if you could PM his email-address.

Best regards from Germany,

Michael Smile
Hiya,

he does come on here from time to time, you'll be able to find him in the members list,
and you can either PM or email him directly from there.

Whereabouts in the UK will you be visiting in August? There's always plenty of events on,
maybe you can come to one and meet up with us all Smile
Hi Claire,

yes, I've made contact with Neal and he is indeed a very helpful chap! Smile

My visit in Britian might be between the middle of August until middle of September. It depends of some further writing-jobs about British cars my editor will hopefully give me (I'm also writing also articles for Europe's biggest classic car magazin in Germany). It would be great, that a DMC-event will held around that time!

All the best,

Michael Smile
Well I'm sure an impromptu DOC gathering can be arranged. We're good at those - especially if it involves DeLoreans, spanners and food! Mr Green
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
RichH Wrote:Well I'm sure an impromptu DOC gathering can be arranged. We're good at those - especially if it involves DeLoreans, spanners and food! Mr Green

Is that a subtle hint to get the barby out then Dickster? lol :lol:
After over a year of hard work on this so unique subject, I can proudly announce: IT'S ACCOMPLISHED!! At the end of September my DeLorean-book will get published. You can already find it here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/fr%C3%BCh-f%C3%B...376883364X. It will be printed in German, but you'll see - by the help of great supporters all around the world - never before published pictures. By the way: The number of pages was expanded from 144 to 192 pages because of all the unbeliveable stuff around John Z. DeLorean.

All the best from a pre-autumn Germany,

Michael Big Grin
Thank you for your book.
I will order it trough Wolfgang Hang (deloman) Big Grin
Looks good, from the picture anyway! Hope you do well with it. Nice to get your work into print.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
hiya, and congrats on your book.

I'd forgotten all about this, otherwise I could have put you in touch with the
former Director of Finance, David Adams, who was our guest speaker at our
main event in Derbyshire last weekend.

Are there any plans to do a version in English? I'm sure it would be very popular in
the UK, Ireland, the USA and Australia if it was.