Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reeling in the years 1981
Here are two versions of the Irish program including some rare footage of the first shipment to the US.

Starts at 1.54
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_J4zBW3Pwk[/youtube]

Starts at 3.30
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fomPK5C0OC0[/youtube]
DOC 116
VIN 6237
They show that program continuously on RTE....
The news reporter is Mary McAleese..now President of Ireland. Later she also reported on the closure of DMC.
VIN #2969
DOC UK # 609
Yo Stu,
That is a great series, I love the way they can squeeze the history into an easy to follow one year in 22 minutes!
David
David Hamblyn
Vin# 16339
Now that brings back some memories, First time for me seeing this. The guys washing the windscreen on the Left, George Maguire and the right Billy Bradford.
Billy is on the right sitting in the car,George is the one standing in the background with his back turned on the left in this photo taken on the very same day.
George worked at the docks while billy worked at the factory with me. Billy can be seen also on the car crash Documentary at the union meeting, outside the factory gates.

[Image: img011.jpg]
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
KMC-DMC Wrote:They show that program continuously on RTE....
The news reporter is Mary McAleese..now President of Ireland. Later she also reported on the closure of DMC.

Surely not! can't be the same Mary McAleese.... She is still a young lady. Smile
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
neal Wrote:
KMC-DMC Wrote:They show that program continuously on RTE....

Surely not! can't be the same Mary McAleese.... She is still a young lady. Smile

Hahah - you ol' charmer Big Grin
VIN #2969
DOC UK # 609