Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bit of DMC development history for sale
FOR SALE AND LOOKING FOR A HOME WHERE I WILL BE APPRECIATED FOR MY HISTORY!

My name is Goldie (as named by my current family due to my lovely gold colour). I am a Volvo 262 GL and was bought by them in 1982 at an auction in N. Ireland where some items from the DeLorean Motor Company were being sold off. When I lived at the DeLorean Motor Company at Dunmurry it is understood that I was used for testing in the factory on the test track – something to do with my engine (my minds a little rusty and my human sister who’s writing this doesn’t know much about cars!). The paperwork that was sold with me had to be handed over for me to get a N. Ireland Registration to hit the roads (I was registered with a GB registration). However my sister did some investigating with the DVLA in Swansea and helpfully they can’t locate most of my documents. The faint copies they could supply do show that I was actually registered to Lotus Cars Limited, Norwich,Norfolk. My sister understands that Lotus did development work on the DeLorean.

My father drove me to work for a while but I was a gas guzzler. I should also point out that I am left hand drive. There is a Volvo sticker on me stating Volvo- Special Delivery Tourist & Diplomat Sales. I also have a DeLorean Motor Company sticker on my dashboard.

My father did hope to return me to my former glory when he retired. Sadly due to his health that isn’t going to happen.

Odd people keep calling suggesting “they’ll take me away” but thankfully my family will not hand me over to such people.

I haven’t been started up for a while but did start the last time it was tried. My body isn’t too bad but there is some rust and some lichen growing on me. A mechanic did look under me and said I was in good condition underneath. I have nice leather seats. Caroline has some pictures of me which she can e-mail on request.

Though I love my family they think I would be better off with someone who can fix or get me fixed up and someone who would appreciate my history. I am currently living in N. Ireland.

If you are interested in me please contact my sister Caroline at lallyporter@aol.com or 07765 274120 (you might have to leave a message, she can’t always answer her phone).
ABOVE SHOULD READ 264 GL and NOT 262 GL.
Funnily enough, a few of us were playing spot the difference in the engine bay of
a 264 at a car meet a few years ago near Brum...... might have the pics somewhere..........

aha!!

[Image: RIMG0837.jpg]

[Image: RIMG0838.jpg]

[Image: RIMG0839.jpg]
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie