Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Club President.
Just to keep you all in the loop, Dave H has not been well since the NEC, he was about to retire anyway ( just like me) but has been feeling "not quite right" for some weeks.
He had to go into hospital last week and eventually some problems with his heart were discovered. ( this is a man we has not seen his GP for over 25 years!)

Anyway, all should be Ok in the fullness of time, but he has be ordered strictly to take it very easy, no worries, no work, no stress.

We can all do our bit to help, by not making our usual demands on him. But i'm sure he'd still like the odd visitor and phone call. (He has not driven for several weeks).
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Yes, having spoken to him at length over the last couple of weeks he had mentioned feeling very under the weather. Glad he took some advise and got to see the doctor.

We wish him all the best

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Perhaps it would be a nice jesture if we could all send him a Christmas/ Get well card? His address in in the mags.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Sorry to hear this. I spoke with Dave recently and he seemed his usual chirpy self. But things like this do strike people from out of the blue.
I'll be sure to send him a card.
Thanks for the info Chris.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Phill was on the phone to Dave the other night and he told him what had happened, apparantly
his brother has the same heart condition.

Knowing Dave, he's probably very frustrated at being stuck at home and not being able to
be his usual busy self.

Hopefully he'll be fit and well in time for Chirk next year, I know he enjoyed having the time to
take WIA toa few events this year.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I had a chat with Dave yesterday and he seemed to be his usual happy self.
I do like his Delorean stories.
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Stuart Rees Wrote:I had a chat with Dave yesterday and he seemed to be his usual happy self.
I do like his Delorean stories.

Me too. The things he finds out without being hooked up to the internet is amazing. He finds amazing deals and
comes across really cool DeLorean information all the time. I usually run out of credit before I hear the conclusion though! Big Grin
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
I hope he does manage to take it easy.

It was good to see him driving his car at Fleetwood this year, if he does manage to 'retire' maybe it will give him the time to enjoy it a bit more.

John C